PDA

View Full Version : Finally hacked my PSP Slim

Medion
February 20th, 2008, 03:21
I used to have a fat PSP. Bought it the day it came out. I use KXploit or something like that to run emulators on it. Sometime after 2.50 was released, I upgraded and never looked back. That PSP was destroyed during my deployment to Iraq.

Got myself a slim PSP, hoping to one day add homebrew, but only if I could do it without compromising the system's capabilities (IE, staying on OFW 1.50). Today, I used my pandora to put on 3.90M33-2. I'll be using it to mod 2 more PSPs tomorrow.

Anyway, it runs my NES, SNES, and Genesis/SegaCD emulators perfectly. No Kxploit or anything needed, and I love it. Looking forward to ripping my PS1 collection into Eboots for on-the-go PS1 gaming :)

Ultimate warrior
February 20th, 2008, 05:03
Well congrats to you. Unfortunately my Amazon seller must've had a problem with my package, so now I had to e-mail him and he sent me an e-mail back "asking for the item number". Very apologetic, but that doesn't help me get my battery does it? Anyways since it seems you booted straight to CFW from your MMS w/out any other programs, mind telling me what emu's you are using? I heard some are compatible w/out the 1.50 which is impossible on Slim. Honestly wtf is so special about the 1.50 FW?

Medion
February 20th, 2008, 05:48
Anyways since it seems you booted straight to CFW from your MMS w/out any other programs, mind telling me what emu's you are using? I heard some are compatible w/out the 1.50 which is impossible on Slim. Honestly wtf is so special about the 1.50 FW?

The 1.50 firmware had some loopholes that allowed you to boot unsigned code. To my knowledge, the CFW lets you run unsigned code written for that firmware.

A lot of older homebrew was written with 1.50 in mind and either was discontinued, or never had the changes needed to make it run on modern CFW. As such, a fat PSP with CFW and the 1.50 kernal can run both types of homebrew, whereas a slim can only run more modern apps.

The good thing is that most homebrew is compatible with CFW, and the better emulators are in this category.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/emulation/28453-slim-compatible-3-xx-emulator-pack.html

That link is a ZIP that contains a buttload of emulators that work in 3.90M33-2, out of the box. I'm using NesterJ (NES), SnesTYL (SNES), and PicoDrive (Genesis, Sega CD).

Medion
February 20th, 2008, 17:16
Ripped my first PS1 game today, that worked out well :)

Ultimate warrior
February 21st, 2008, 02:08
Awwww, dammit man! You said in another thread FF6 doesn't work well,!! ****!!!!! I need the SNES version cause I use a patch with it for a kick ass translation. I always thought before that SNES was such an old system, so emulating it would be easy for PSP, but I guess I was dead wrong!

EDIT: The link you gave me, do all those emu's work on a SLIM?