PDA

View Full Version : MDCNG (NEO GEO EMU) Help

Eric
July 31st, 2004, 23:33
All i need help with is i put the roms in /cd/roms folder and the neo geo bios in the /cd/maim and do the rooms and the bios have to be compressed to work.

Thanks

Eric

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 08:26
They should be zipped, yes.

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 14:33
Thanks buddy can you or anyone else let me know how good this version is. I never knew that dcemu had this emu and when i found it i was like cool but i just dont know about this emu.

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 16:52
It's really not all that spectacular. Most of the roms are too large to be loaded into the DC's memory, so it can't run too many games. It has a few minor graphical glitches, and uses fairly heavy frameskipping. I think I got 8-Man to run on it, but it was really difficult to play because of the frameskipping.

It's worth a try, but if you're low on discs, I wouldn't waste them on it.

BTW - It requires MAME NeoGeo roms, not console NeoGeo roms.

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 17:21
I know how about Metal Slug 1,2 and X?

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 18:28
I don't think it will work with any of them (in fact, I think they were the main motivation behind Ian Micheal beginning the port of NeoCD).

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 18:33
Oh the reason why i was asking was cause in the DSKMDCNG.txt file it has names of the compressed roms in it that I think are compatible emu it mentioned all the metal slug games that i asked about. *Now for another question we got Ian's Neo Geo CD emulator running quickly with the C68k what about this emu running with it. *Would it make this emu more faster?

Eric

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 18:37
I really don't know. The rom filesize would always be an issue, though. I'm pretty sure MDCNG was Warmtoe/Ice88's (Ian, not to be confused with Ian Micheal) project, and he has been tinkering with BA's GenPlus port, so, who knows if he's willing to go back and play with his old Neo emu?
Of course, if he were to do so, he would probably start all over again from scratch, because MDCNG was an optimized port of MAME 0.36, and Ian recently (within the last year) ported MAME 0.7 something to the DC, so he would probably work off of that source.

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 19:01
LOL no i was talking about Ian Micheal or were you just joking with me.

(Ian, not to be confused with Ian Micheal) ?

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 19:05
LOL no i was talking about Ian Micheal or were you just joking with me.

(Ian, not to be confused with Ian Micheal) ?

No, I wasn't joking with you. There is a coder from a ways back that used to go by the name Ice88, then changed over to Warmtoe (I may have those backwards). His real name is Ian, and that's how a lot of people refer to him.

He is a completely different person than Ian Micheal (who used to be known as Reaper or Reaper2K2)

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 19:20
I know that Ian Micheal changed his name cause of some bitter stuff that happened way back. I was the evil man in his forums running my mouth. I have become a changed person all i want to see now is how we can get better stuff running in the dc scene.

Way back I asked Ian to do a SGA of Metal Slug which was impossible well cause of the memory or something. Then I talked to him in a email letting me know of a Neo Geo CD emu. Also i have recommended a lot of ports to be done and i think this is doing really amazing for 2004 as this is the year the DCscene has really changed into something really amazing and its only going to get better.

All i have to say now lets hope for more and better things for the rest of 2004 cause i also think this is the reunion year. Kinda funny but true The Scorpions, Van Halen and lol the possible return of Duran Duran we have had many reunions of games ported to the dreamcast like Rogue,Magnetic Scrolls and the game i asked for and i really wanted Digger.

Eric

quzar
August 1st, 2004, 23:04
The DC scene is full of Ians. As far as what I have seen MDCNG is not all that fast. You are better off just playing NeoCD games if they exist for the particular games (which most of the best games have CD ports)

Eric
August 2nd, 2004, 07:27
Alright thanks buddy