PDA

View Full Version : Emulation trouble

Goukix
February 20th, 2008, 13:03
I've been a lurker for some time, and overnight through various threads I have successfully upgraded my phat OE-A 3.40 to M33-2 3.90. However, in doing so my emulators have stopped working, aside from my PSone emulator. I honestly don't know what broke(or changed to make them not work). I also don't know what the 1.50 kernal is about, or whether or not I have it already. So what I'm trying to find out is:
A. Does having this 1.50 kernal add-on affect the emulators?
B. How can I check to see if I have it already in my PSP?
C. I have actually tried running the add-on following the instructions and am getting a 'Incorrent or inexistent 150.php at root' message which proceeds to boot me back to the main menu.
D. Through the recovery menu, under game folder homebrew, I have the 3.90 kernal and 1.50 kernal options. Which should I have it set to so everything will run properly, or do I have to constantly switch for different programs?

Any help I can get here would be great; I'm sorry if some of this (or all of it) is answered around the boards, but at 7 in the morning it can be a little daunting to find what you're looking for in hundreds of 'first pages'. Thanks again

hodgy47
February 20th, 2008, 18:10
A. 1.50 kernel does affect emus cos some need it.
B. you cant but if you have not installed it manually it wont be there.
C. You need the original 150 firmware update and then you rename it to 150.PBP and place at the root of your memstick (the root is the first screen you see when you connect your psp via usb).
D. Set it to 390 and all should be well.

Goukix
February 20th, 2008, 23:34
YES! The placement of the 150.pbp file is what was messing me up. 3 out of 4 or my installed emulators now work (DGEN not working), my PSone games work, and almost all of the ISOs I had on there are working (Ultimate GnG and Innocent Life not working). However, this info fixed the far more important aspects for me, so thank you very much!

edit- do I need to leave that 150.pbp in there or can I take it out now that it's flashed to my firmware?

2nd edit- DGEN works for me after I remove and reinstall it, better and better :)

hodgy47
February 21st, 2008, 01:25
You can remove the 150.pbp it just used some of the psar for certain files needed to install the 150 kernel.

Goukix
February 21st, 2008, 03:39
Thanks for the info. Regarding Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, can anyone confirm this to work on 3.90 M33-2? I tried a couple different version and it doesn't seem to work.