PDA

View Full Version : 3 PSPS - 1 brick, one CFW/w issues, 1 PSPlite... need all w/ custom firmware

punkonjunk
February 20th, 2008, 18:36
Hey, I kinda dropped out of the PSP scene just as pandora's battery came into being. Well... Now I think I need it. I have 3 PSP batteries, so I can break one into a Pan's bat, with that hardware trick someone told me about, ect...

But what I'm looking for is some links and guides to using a pandora's battery on a bricked PSP and a PSPlite, and I already have one CFW PSP, which should make stuff easier, but the firmware is kind of old. So yeah. It's also acting kind of wierd but I think I just need to clean it out. Something with the joystick going crazy. Thanks guys!

mikebeaver
February 20th, 2008, 18:50
You can make a software modded pandora battery with your PSP that is already on cfw, then use that to create the magic memory stick, after that you can update/ repair all your PSP's and then convert the battery back to normal, that way you don't have to ruin a perfectly good battery in the process.

Mike..

punkonjunk
February 20th, 2008, 19:03
Sweet. So, links? Do I need special firmware for the 2000 versus the fat PSP?

mikebeaver
February 20th, 2008, 19:48
You can only make the battery on a custom firmware PSP, so that will be your working Phat model.
Once you have got the battery and memory stick sorted out you will just need to plug it in to the PSP (slim or Phat) and follow the on-screen prompts.
The universal unbricker (and 3.90 m33) installer can be found at www.dark-alex.org and there should be tips on how to create the pandora battery at www.noobz.eu

Hope that helps you mate,

Mike..

punkonjunk
February 21st, 2008, 19:37
OK, so, when I pop in the pandora's battery I just created, with the memory stick already in, all I get is a black screen. Whats going on?

OK, I redid it again and I followed all the steps for sure, and it does nothing in any of the fat or the slim PSPs. I get a green light on the right, green on the left, and my memory stick light flashes, then both the green lights are on and the screen stays black. I did the memory card exactly according to this program I used, that walks you right through it.

EDIT
OK I found something that says the PSPslim won't display anthing on the screen, and pressing X starts the flashing process. When I press X the PSP just turns off, and it hasn't flashed yet. It waits like half a sec all the lights turn on and it turns off. This is not as easy as it sounds.

The battery IS fully charged, and it is an official sony one that works for sure.
NOTHING happens when it is in either PSP, fat or lite. The fat has CFW, the lite has official firmware, 3.71 I think. I just want to get this working.

Wally
February 21st, 2008, 22:46
You need to use the latest DAX tool to recreate the memory stick for slim capability
http://exophase.com/files/psp/despertar_cementerio4.rar

Don't worry, its universal like Mikebeaver said :)

punkonjunk
February 22nd, 2008, 03:30
and got it. Awesome, thanks for all the help! all of them are taken care of. Turns out the brick had a cracked screen, but other than that, I'm good to go. Thanks everyone!