PDA

View Full Version : wtf.... flash0:/kd is gone

Coolie4
February 20th, 2008, 19:39
ok um... yea so i finally decided to update my (slim) 3.71 m33-4 to 3.90 m33-2 because of TM and IR shell support.

i updated my despertar cementerio to version 4 to update to 3.85 -4, grapped the bin file and the irspatch.prx needed to get irshell working (according to frosty's guide).

then i updated to 3.90 -2 (i just used the 3.90 m33-2 installer because in the readme it says u dont need to install the first revision) i didnt have the 3.90 ofw so i let the installer download that.

afterwards i installed 1.50_3.40 and 3.60 TM and played around with those for a little.

then when i went to replace the 2 files i realized i didnt have a flash0:/kd folder... only vsh dic and font. i checked in those folders and didnt find any prx's or any files i remebered seeing in the kd folder. the only kd folder is in mc0:/ and i thought that was only for making mipl.bin(?).

so.... um yea. i checked google and found nothing.
the answer is probably right in front of me but i guess im more of a n00b than i thought, lawlz.

edit: oh, as far as i can tell the psp is working fine... so the prx's must be somewhere... id imagine the psp wouldnt function without some of those

Shrygue
February 20th, 2008, 19:46
If your PSP turns on and runs just fine, it's because the kd folder is hidden from view. In that case, you need to unhide it from the Folder Options in Windows Explorer.

Coolie4
February 20th, 2008, 19:50
that was the first thing i tried... but just now as a test i tried making a new folder called kd and it said it couldnt be created because 1 already existed....

i named it new folder and made it hidden. it shows up as you know... that translucent looking thing, but its the only hidden folder i can see

Coolie4
February 20th, 2008, 19:52
ok i typed F:/kd into the adress bar, and got it to open, its still not showing up in the explorer tho..... odd

Shrygue
February 20th, 2008, 19:53
Please don't double post, use the edit button instead. Anyway, perhaps you forgot to uncheck the Hide protected system files option? Hidden files on the PSP can't be shown unless that option is unchecked along with Show hidden files and folders.

Coolie4
February 20th, 2008, 19:59
(will remeber edit for next time)

oh, that was it, thanks alot