PDA

View Full Version : Movie Help

dale5134
August 14th, 2005, 12:09
Right Here Goes Have Some Movies On Disc In Mpeg4 Format Tried To Copy And Paste To Psp Folder Wouldnt Work Movie Was In Folder On Pc But Not Recognised In Psp Itself Do I Have To Convert Ir Through Video 9 Any Help Gratefully Reieceved

Jdemon
August 14th, 2005, 13:20
Well first off, there's this thing here up in the blue bar above, people around here like to call "The Search Bar Of Love" because it's such a beautiful thing...and once you try it you may understand the name....It just makes you feel all warm inside.

The answer to your question is:

You're not going to be able to play regular encoded 'mov' files on your PSP. It's a different encoding...don't ask me why it just is. And the really bad news is that you won't be able to re-encode thoes files either unless you have an mpeg, vob, or avi copy also. Unfortunately, and as far as I know Quicktime mov files are still quite 'unrippable' unless them Mac people know something that they just aren't sharing with the MS community.

Oh and BTW once you get the encoding thing all figured out you need to set up 2 folders on your MS card in your root directory like this:

MS Card

:PSP
:MP_ROOT\100MNV01