PDA

View Full Version : My PSP has UNCOMMON problems.

ClearTranquil
February 21st, 2008, 07:51
Hey, I thought I'd post all of my PSP problems in one place to see if anyone knew a solution to any, if not all of them.

First I'd like to say I have a Japanese Silver TA082 PSP running 3.80 M33-5. It must be slightly different than a CAN/US PSP.

Here are issues mine has:

-Updating using official sony updater. My PSP will not allow access to the official sony updater that is currently a REQUIREMENT to install 3.90 M33. I only got to 3.80 M33 thansk to the despartar (currently the only way for me to update). I got the "System configuration is not correct, contact customer support" error when I've successfully unpacked and gotten ready to install 3.90 M33. I see the official sony updater in the background of the semi-transparent error message.

-Brightness sequence problem. Don't say "This was fixed in 3.80 M33" because it obviously wasn't fixed on mine. During some plugins such as the CFExtender where you set a default brightness, any value I put in ends up turning my PSP's LCD off. Not dim, OFF. I've tried commenting out the line that even sets brightness in the config file but no matter what my PSP LCD turns off on boot. The reason I want CFE is to turn my PSP off so I can boot into 1.50 using time machine.

-Common kernel addon problem: My PSP has the 1.50 kernel on it and just like the kernel addon in 3.71 M33, it crashes when coming out of standby. Not only on homebrew but sometimes on rare occasions the XMB. Only way I've fixed this is with Time Machine and running classic 1.50 to do homebrew without crashing. Does anyone actually know the cause of the stand-by crash?

-Time Machine refuses to install 3.40 OE. There was a topic for this but no answer has been found yet. It gets to the end of the installation when I run it and at vsh/resource/video_plugin.prx it freezes and shuts the PSP off. Yes, I have tried redownloading every single file including the installer itself, and yes my memory stick has enough space. 1.50 had no issue installing.

Solutions:
-Wait for Dax to make a 3.90 M33 despartar (v5) or wait for him to go back to the old way we used to install CFW (not likely to happen).
-Give me a 3.80 M33-compatible power manager to turn my PSP off with a button combo in the XMB.
-Solved standby crashing with time machine. I now run homebrew in 1.50. But this doesn't solve the issue as to WHY my PSP crashes out of standby in both 3.71 and 3.80 M33 ONLY when the 1.50 kernel addon is installed. Without it it's fine.
-And finally...the solution I see for getting 3.40 to work with time machine is getting someone elses 340OE folder off their memory stick. But that's illegal.

I have one messed up Japanese PSP. It has issues with almost everything firmware-related. The beautiful silver colour is worth the trouble though. (I got it before the slim was announced and had a silver model...and compared to my phat, the slim silver looks too tacky and plastic-like).

Please carefully read over my issues if you know ANY sort of solution.

Dr Eggman
February 21st, 2008, 12:44
Hmm, maybe for the updater prob you could go into recovery-->configuration-->Fake region and set it to usa.

Brightness, i think when using despertar it does NOT correct the IDStorage if its corrupt. When i updated to 3.71m33 it auto-fixed it for me and i have no brightness probs. (USA TA082)---> I updated from 3.51 m33-4.

I can't help with your TimeMachine Probs, or the crashing one, sorry.

jxx2005
February 21st, 2008, 16:08
you can goto dark alex's site and download 3.90 m33 and its update directly

Cloudhunter
February 21st, 2008, 16:56
Sounds like idstorage issues. Clean your idstorage using Chilly Willy's tool.

Cloudy

ClearTranquil
February 21st, 2008, 18:49
JXX: Yeah I've done that but it STILL uses the official sony updater to update. That's where it crashes.

Cloud: I've done that before, I'll give it another go and see if it does anything.

ClearTranquil
February 21st, 2008, 19:52
My keys are fine. One is a duplicate so I'll use my brother's PSP to get a clean 0x0041. As for key 5 it says I don't have a Chilly Willy patch 5. Should I patch it? People keep talking about how dangerous it is and I hear "Don't unpatch 5" and I hear "Don't patch 5"...so WTF.

Wally
February 21st, 2008, 22:47
Could also be flash1 related, reformat the flash1 from recovery.