PDA

View Full Version : Busted shoulder button - replacement parts?

punkonjunk
February 21st, 2008, 21:05
OK, so every nintendo handheld I've had, including 4 different gameboy advances of some sort, (original, 2 SP, 1 micro) 2NDS, and 1NDSL have had the shoulder buttons go out on me. I don't know why but it's making me crazy. Having had a lot of experience with makeshift repairs, I spent about 8 hours yesterday trying to repair my NDSL shoulder buttons - one of them was an easy fix, it just seemed to be bent a hair too low, but the other....

Well I don't know how to explain it, but the tiny silver disc inside of the shoulder button is the only thing that makes it work, and makes the button "pop". well one of them stopped working. I don't even know where to begin on finding a new one, but thats the only thing I'd need to have my DS lite working again. Anyone know where I can get a pretty specific DS part like that? I'm going to go to game stores today to see if any of them have smashed or destroyed DS lites that I can use for parts.

But yeah, long post short - I'm looking to replace the tiny conductive metal thingy that goes inside of the Nintendo DS lite should buttons - where can I find them?

punkonjunk
March 5th, 2008, 20:12
hey guys, come on... this is pretty important. I can't find replacement parts like this anywhere. Even the entire shoulder unit would be OK if it was like 4-10 bucks, I could just pull the disk out. Or something similar, that I could use inside of there? Someone has to know what i could use or where I could get the part. I just got paid and I want to fix my DS...

Mr.Peanut
July 15th, 2008, 15:07
http://www.powergamingparts.com/nintendo-ds.html

cubexombi
July 15th, 2008, 21:51
I bought a new case from DX that came with em. , though to be honest it's typically dirt thats mucking up your button.. I broke out the old school tried and true "Nintendo Blow" and noticed an instant improvement. taking the main board out of the casing and using compressed air fixed the issue all together.

1Dogend
March 21st, 2009, 21:51
These guys stock loads of parts for the ds, worth a try. www.ps2laser.co.uk