PDA

View Full Version : Other Ways of Getting to Recovery Mode

splosh313
February 22nd, 2008, 16:04
It seems my R button is pretty dodgy which means it's pratically impossible to get to Recovery Mode. I don't suppose there is any other combination of buttons I can press that doesn't involve the R trigger?
Failing that, how hard would it be for someone to alter the code of 3.90 M33 to make a different combination work? Don't worry, I'm not expecting an army of programming guys to apply their intellect and time just to help little old me-but I'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing and was wondering if it would be easier than I'm thinking. Thats all! Many thanks xxx

AdamRav
February 22nd, 2008, 18:19
http://exophase.com/images/misc/screen01.png

Ketchup, otherwise known as theketchupman on our forums, has released a new version of the recovery plugin known as Recovery LE. This version is now compatible with 3.90 M33, and also comes with a bunch of other additions, such as a new game.

Here's the changelog for this release, as translated from the French notes:

* 100% functional 3.90 M33
* Add the option Hide PIC0 in Game PIC1 and in the Advanced menu
* Adding a menu Game
* Adding a game in the Game menu: a set of coded Tristyl teasing!

Ketchup notes that this release can still freeze up on users, but can be easily remedied by restarting the PSP. In any case, if you'd like to know more about how to use or install the plugin, feel free to check the included readme or the source link for additional information.

-|DOWNLOAD HERE|- (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90372)

hodgy47
February 22nd, 2008, 23:42
He said his R button was dodgy and this needs the R button to open (R+Note) so he is no further forward.

splosh313
February 23rd, 2008, 00:24
hey guys, thanks for your posts so far. i hope this isn't 'bumping', but i'm curious about one or two things. i have no problem using the R trigger on the internet or in games (i.e. the only time it doesn't want to work is for the recovery mode combo) - any ideas why this might be, and will the average guy i go to for repairs (in the UK) have a problem with the fact that i have customware installed? thansk, xx

AdamRav
February 23rd, 2008, 00:31
You could change the keys though

so you could change it to "Home" for example

you might aswell try this splosh313, get into this menu once and change the settings and your good to go

Go into Settings > Recovery config > Other

and change the Menu Hot Key to Home

AdamRav
February 23rd, 2008, 00:33
one other question

do you keep the R trigger pressed when you turn on your psp ??

Shut down the psp completely

so hold down the power key until the psp powers down

then press and hold the R trigger while you turn the power on for the psp

see if that works for ya

splosh313
February 23rd, 2008, 01:58
thanks for the posts guys. yeah i'm definitely doing the R trigger turn-on thing right. but it's literally like there's a bad connection. last time it took about 50 tries to get it into recovery mode. it's really annoying and i imagine my psp doesn't like being turned on, then turned off, then turned on etc.! (p.s. like i said, there doesn't seem to be a problem with R in any other aspect of the psp...MYSTIFYING!) xxx