PDA

View Full Version : DreamSNES Problem

cryx_112
July 31st, 2004, 17:21
I downloaded everything fine I think. I put 47 ROMS on the cd. When I burned it, it said it was completed successfully. But, when I put the cd in and I pressed the select game opinion, a blue screen pops up for a second, then it dissapears. I guess I must have made a mistake, but I dont know with what. The DreamSNES cd itself works fine and everything loads up on the screen, but it wont pull up any of the games. Can someone please help me out and tell me what I might have done wrong. thanks

guymelef
July 31st, 2004, 18:51
Dsnes doesn't have zip support. this is the only thing that I can think of. make sure that your roms are unzipped and ready to go. which selfbooting program are you using?

cryx_112
July 31st, 2004, 19:39
I'm a noob so I wasn't really sure what to do with the self-booting system. *All I did was download the DreamSNES software and add the ROMS to it, then I burned it onto a cd. *Was I supposed to do anything else besides DL the dreamSNES software? *I unzipped the files....I DL a self-booting program but I wasnt sure what to do with it.

Christuserloeser
July 31st, 2004, 19:46
Try SBInducer4 from www.sbiffy.com and check the latest of the other threads here in the help forum. Curt had done some nice tutorial how to use it.

Chris

guymelef
July 31st, 2004, 20:19
oh I see you downloaded the selfbooting nero or discjugglar image and you are using a rom disk correct?
if that's the case then you might have forgotten to burn the rom disk in the correct format.

nevermind I was wrong. but if you can't get it to work and want to put selfbooting w/roms on hold you can try this way it always works as long as pick the Dj version and burn slow.

cryx_112
July 31st, 2004, 21:57
thanks a lot for the replies guys. *Can anyone tell me a good site to get some good SNES SBI games?

Eric
July 31st, 2004, 22:12
Well i can tell you, you wont find SBI SNES games unless they are PD cause commercial is illegal warez.

cryx_112
July 31st, 2004, 22:15
Whats PD and can I convert PD's to SBI's? If I can, can u tell me how. I know I'm a moron....

krowstrife
July 31st, 2004, 22:36
Whats PD and can I convert PD's to SBI's? *If I can, can u tell me how. *I know I'm a moron....
no you need to put your roms into the correct directory on your disk with your emu

Eric
July 31st, 2004, 22:55
Okay i want to help you out and your not a moron it took me along to time learn aswell and i hope that you can understand what i am going to type. First off go to www.dcemulation.com go to the needed tools link and download selfboot.

Next thing you need from that same site or even dcemu.co.uk is the DreamSnes plainfiles or if you want get the most updated emulator Super Famicast get v.1 as i dont know if v.2 is as fast as the first cause i havent tried it yet. Now unzip either one of the emulators on drive C:.

In the folder of the extracted rar or zip files you will see 2 files 1ST_READ.bin and you should see IP.bin if not you can get that from anywhere. You will also see a roms folder if not in either of the emus make a folder called roms it must be called roms.

Now download roms to which you own or get pd roms from www.pdroms.de/index.php. The roms you downloaded should be put in the roms folder and the roms must be extracted from the rar or zip file. Now for the last part open the Selfboot program that hopefully i am not sure if i said it at the top but hopefully you extraced and installed to the C: drive.

Now it will ask you which folder do you want to make a selfboot from. Select the DreamSnes folder or the Superfamicast folder and then select which you would prefer the image to be. When done you may have to search for the file just select start from the taskbar at the bottom and go to search and put in .nrg and it will find the place its saving all your selfbooted images to.

Now that thats done double click on the image if its nero cause i dont know anything about Disc Juggler and get ready to burn. Remember to burn it at a good speed I prefer 2x and you should have a perfect burn. Now i must warn you that the SNES emu is not fullspeed yet but with sound off or with some games sound on will give you fullspeed.

Have fun and enjoy

Eric

cryx_112
August 1st, 2004, 00:49
Everything so far works great. *The only problem I'm having is with the self-booting. *When I image the DreamSNES folder, a self booting menu pops up. *It says Burn first session, build image for second session, and burn second session. *When I go to the search and type in .nrg, nothing happens. I dont think its saving my self-booted images. *What should I do?

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 01:00
Just search for the name of the image then just wait it may take long but you will only have to do it once cause once you find it you will know the destination folder thats what i did and i found it in my ISP's bin folder

Christuserloeser
August 1st, 2004, 01:19
Again, try SBInducer v4 from www.sbiffy.com, take the suitables SBIs (DreamSNES v098/SuperFamicom v02) and add the ROMs to their proper folders (zipped if you just would like to use SuperFamicast v02 and unzip them if you'd like to use DreamSNES & SuperFamicast)
Follow the on-screen instructions, that's it. Don't use the other programs as they are outdated since the release of SBInducer v4 anyway.

Chris

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 01:23
The selfboot program is outdated sorry but aslong as they are still working for me i recommend it i also recommend cdi2nero and i recommend sbi for hombrew and ports and thats it. Oh sorry i also would like to say that selfbooting is a lot easier as i used to use SBI and now i cant use it cause the 1.4 version dont work for me.
So i am just sticking with good ol selfboot and keeping all my games on a single disk.

Eric

Christuserloeser
August 1st, 2004, 01:43
SBInducer v4 allows selfbooting a single prog/emu/app or to put them onto one disc and choose from a single / multi menu system ;D

cryx_112
August 1st, 2004, 01:51
OK, last ques. Do you put the ROMS in the DreamSNES\cd\roms\ file? And do u put the whole game folder in the ROM folder or just the SMC file itself?

krowstrife
August 1st, 2004, 01:57
i am with Christus, SBI rulez ;D
now only if i could put a whole lot of BOR mods
on one disc

guymelef
August 1st, 2004, 01:59
if using dsnes just put the smc's in the roms folder. not in a sub folder or zipped.

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 02:16
I know and I dont like it that way i do see the reason for it cause it helps people from using more disks and saves money but i always love having my stuff on one disk. Hey you guys can support that program i cant use it so i will support selfboot. I think its good for beginners.

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 08:28
i am with Christus, SBI rulez ;D
now only if i could put a whole lot of BOR mods
on one disc

You have tried the BOR Loader, haven't you? It will load 4 different BOR mods on one disc. Therre is an SBI available for it.

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 08:46
DreamSNES is a Super Nintendo emulator based on Gary Henderson's Snes9X. It runs directly on the Dreamcast hardware without using any SEGA or Microsoft libraries. It has been completely developed using free tools. DreamSNES was created by Marcus Comstedt, Peter Bortas, and Per Hedbor.

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org