View Full Version : Border Down vs Armada

Darksaviour69
August 15th, 2005, 22:27
Border Down

vs

Armada

chronoswing
August 16th, 2005, 08:10
Honestly I don't understand how you can compare the two. They are completely different games, the only thing they have in common is you shoot stuff. Border down is a on rails shmup, while Armada is a free roaming rpg schmup. My vote is for Armada.

marc.williams
August 16th, 2005, 19:10
Border Down may not be as good as some of the other shmups around (Ikaruga DC/GC or Gradius V PS2 for example) but I thought armada wasn't worth the 30 second I wasted playing it.

chronoswing
August 16th, 2005, 21:35
Like I said there is no comparing the 2, I love armada because of it's RPG elements and free roaming, I hate border down because its linear and boring. Which is why I hate most shmups, so obvously this thread is gonna turn into a flame war between rpg lover's and shmup lover's. Aparently marc you just don't apreciate free roaming rpg style games or else you would of enjoyed Armada, or you just didn't bother to give it a chance.

beetroot bertie
August 17th, 2005, 09:08
I've not played Armada so I'm going for Border Down.

Armada sounds intersting though. Did it get a PAL release or is it import only?

ptr.exe
August 17th, 2005, 12:16
Honestly I don't understand how you can compare the two
It's a random draw, anyway it's simple which is in its own genre a better game.

I hate border down because its linear and boring. Which is why I hate most shmups
I can see what you mean, but i love both shmups and rpgs. Ikaruga still steals hours of me life at a time.