PDA

View Full Version : help

jmicdizzle
August 16th, 2005, 00:35
is there a way that i can extract Ultimate DOOM & DOOM 2 from my DOOM 3 XBOX game?

Argon0
August 16th, 2005, 13:30
No. Doom 3 is a completely different game - you need to get the original WADs - either buy the game from ID, or a Car-boot sale or something.....

dougpr
August 17th, 2005, 08:09
If your Xbox is modded and you've loaded Doom 3 collector's edition onto your Xbox harddrive, you can extract the .wad files through FTP. This is how I got my Ultimate Doom and Doom2 official wads since I'm underway and don't have my doom PC discs with me. You do have to rename the doom.wad file to doomu.wad though.

I'm not sure if there's a way to actually read the xbox game DVD itself, but if you are able to do it, the wads that are on there are the official .wad files so good luck.

p4ch3c0
August 20th, 2005, 07:54
Check some bittorrent sites, or maybe even some P2P networks. WADs are very easy to find.

*o*
August 20th, 2005, 08:53
are there any other games that use wad files?

aruka57
August 20th, 2005, 10:10
pretty much every Doom engine game.. if you search around a bit you can see people have used the Heretic wad with success...

however, if you try, there's a possibility it will work, and a possibility it won't - the Doom PSP port is intended to work with Doom, and not modified/updated engines like Hexen and Strife use, so note that such upgrades wouldn't work... and especially advanced controls like Strife has

*o*
August 20th, 2005, 12:35
i love heretic and hexen so i wish i could play those

dale
August 21st, 2005, 01:53
i need help ppl i got my psp but i cant get no games on it it alwas says corrupted data n i dont know what to do im thinking its becuse i have version 1.52 but if thats the problem how do ui fix it ??? help!!!