PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about posting an avatar??

skyviolet
August 16th, 2005, 05:20
:confused: Here I am again spending countless amount of hours to do what others consider simple nonsense. I've searched on 10 different search engines under "post avatar", "how to avatar", "create avatar", "avatar sites", etc. and as usual the internet in the 21st century has gone retarded, it seems now the whole world doesn't know, yet everywhere I go, someone has one. Why can't I do the simple stuff? Here I am making 96khz 4 channel audio DVD's countless websites that have streamline video and the latest technology, and I can't find for the life of me where to post my avatar, so that these sites that I am a member of (which ask what address my avatar is at) can get my information. I don't know why they just don't ask for the file instead, or better yet just do away with such peddly nonsense and ask for a damn pic (JPEG etc.) This new XP computer age really has baffled me on how downhill expectations have become. Little lame pic to show what I am. These new browsers can't handle my media, and now also that new Java script from Sun has taken everything to hell....please somebody....

Martin
August 16th, 2005, 09:39
From your User CP:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editavatar

skyviolet
August 19th, 2005, 19:09
thanx for the reply...I do see the "edit avatar" page which has a bundle of premade avatars to choose from and then I noticed above the selections it states if you have a custom avatar selecting that choice will delete it... unfortunately (as always) it fails to explain how to post my custom avatar, so I am still lost... :confused:

FrozenIpaq
August 19th, 2005, 19:15
This is almost common sense, but I'll explain it:
Note: Refer to large picture on the bottom of the steps for the numbers
1.) Click on User CP
2.) Click on Edit Avatar
3.) Once you have the edit avatar page loaded: Click on Use Custom Avatar (See #1)
4.) Then, it depends where your avatar is:
If it is located online: Input the url of the avatars location into the box (#2)
If it is located on your Computer: Use the Browse button and find it (#3)

http://xs42.xs.to/pics/05335/Untitledaasddgff1.jpg

Darksaviour69
August 19th, 2005, 19:42
i know the problem, and its happened many times before. skyviolet did not reply to the comfirmation email that was sent to him/her when they registered. if u do not do this you are not a full forum member and so he/she can not upload images etc.

i upgraded u to a full member so u can do it now.

FrozenIpaq
August 19th, 2005, 21:10
i know the problem, and its happened many times before. skyviolet did not reply to the comfirmation email that was sent to him/her when they registered. if u do not do this you are not a full forum member and so he/she can not upload images etc.

i upgraded u to a full member so u can do it now.

lol, I made that same mistake :o

The reason why I was unable to confirm it because stupid hotmail put it in the spam/junk folder :eek:

skyviolet
August 19th, 2005, 23:52
thanx people, it's starting to make sense...I see how to do it on this site now (by downloading from my computer now that I'm a "full forum" member), my main question was however (for other sites) how to get my avatar "posted" so I know what to put in the "avatar url" box?

skyviolet
August 20th, 2005, 00:32
P.S. - thanx for making me a full forom member by the way...