PDA

View Full Version : New User with Slim PSP with official fw3.6

NekroRaven
February 24th, 2008, 06:22
Alright, so I've read a lot on this site and have a bit better of an understanding, but am still a bit unsure how to go about converting my PSP to enable Emulators.

I have a slim PSP with official firmware 3.6. Only one memory stick, but would be willing to purchase another to create a magic MS.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Especially if you yourself have successfully converted your own slim 3.6.

Secondly what custom firmware is suggested and what emulators would work best? I would most likely be playing snes and nes, but possibly some PS games such as xenosaga and final fantasy (haven't played them much because I'm not spending time at home). I do intend to buy a few upcoming psp games such as crisis core, so I would hope there would be no conflict.

Any help is appreciated, and I would be in your debt.

NekroRaven

Wally
February 24th, 2008, 07:03
you can use the original memory stick as a magic memory stick, it doesn't affect gameplay.

3.90 M33 is the latest firmware and not many people are having issues with it.

as for emulators they are all different, try them all out :)

Wally

jxx2005
February 24th, 2008, 07:08
snes9xTYL 0.4.2me is the SNES emu i use and it works great for most games, the occaisional crash, but thats it
nothing major

good luck getting CFW on ur slim

NoQuarter
February 24th, 2008, 16:22
first of all make or obtain a pandora, then install 3.60 m33.Make a 360.psar file using time machine from DAX's website then upgrade to 3.90m33.This way you'll be able to run 1.5 homebrew.

NekroRaven
March 2nd, 2008, 19:52
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.