PDA

View Full Version : DADADADA error

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 13:50
having problem playing game wipeout pulse for my son. tried doing upgrade now keep getting error message DADADADA could not load game. Could anyone please help me sort this out as I havnt a clue when dealing with technical stuff:confused:

bah
February 24th, 2008, 14:05
Upgrading to a newer official firmware (system software) version shouldn't stop a game from working.

The game is an original, on a UMD (the disc in a plastic case) and not a copy on a memory stick isn't it?

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 14:11
yes it is an original game not a copy.thanks

bah
February 24th, 2008, 14:22
What firmware version was it running, and what did you update it to?

By upgrade do you mean you ran a Sony update file/installed the update from a game UMD/used the update option in the PSP menu, or do you mean you tried to get a custom (unofficial) firmware installed?

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 14:57
It is running version 3.71 and i tried to update from psp menu.

MicroNut
February 24th, 2008, 14:59
If your trying to upgrade from a DA's custom firmware its a custom error code by DA,
happens when you try to run an official Sony update.

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 15:18
sorry to sound thick but wot is a DA?

bah
February 24th, 2008, 17:24
MicroNut: His problem is with running a game once updated, not running the updater itself (or so I think).

What firmware version is it running now?
To find out turn on the PSP, go all the way to the left in the menu, then down to 'system settings', then down to 'system information'.
It is listed as 'System Software'.

'DA' means Dark Alex, and by that he means a custom (unofficial) firmware. Dark Alex is the name of the author of these firmwares.

If the PSP you are having a problem with has never had anything but official sony firmware updates on it then Dark Alex and the custom firmwares have nothing to do with your problem.
If you don't know what a custom firmware is and you haven't had other people doing things to your PSP then it hasn't.

Tip: Spelling 'what' as 'wot' makes your 'fixing for my son' explanation harder to buy.

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 18:18
thanks for explaining. system software is 3.10 OE-A and yes my brother in law has been messing with it but that was over a year ago.

MicroNut
February 24th, 2008, 18:28
bah: it is a little confusing the way his question is worded.
Was the upgrade successful?
Or is it that the upgrade failed?
Is this the game that failed to run?

My guess is that he has the UMD game and it wont start.
Assuming its because Pulse requires 3.71 or higher to run.
He is trying to run the update from the UMD.
Maybe PSP was purchased used or his son upgraded.

Its a very specific error code created by DA.
I really doubt official Sony firmware would generate it.
Error Code List of the PSP (http://www.angrycoder.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=368)

Dark Alex custom firmware (www.dark-alex.org) for the PSP

MicroNut
February 24th, 2008, 18:31
thanks for explaining. system software is 3.10 OE-A and yes my brother in law has been messing with it but that was over a year ago.

You'll have to upgrade to 3.52M33 and then 3.72M33
There are many guides on how to do this.

You can start by going to Dark-Alex (http://www.dark-alex.org/) site and downloading what you need to get started.

The readme's in the packages are good.
The help in these forum's is also good.

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 19:28
thank you to everyone that has replied but i am so confused now as the error code has changed and it is now saying 80020148 (hey i am a woman who doesnt know technical stuff please be patient)

sadava
February 24th, 2008, 22:20
can anyone help please???????

hodgy47
February 24th, 2008, 23:48
If your on 3.10oe download the 3.52m33 update from www.dark-alex.org put the update folder on your psp via usb and place it here psp/game/update, then run it from the game menu on the psp (make sure battery is at least 75% 100% is best and put in ac adapter) then run the 3.52m33-4 update and then the 3.90m33 update in the same way as above, and then install the 150 kernel add-on and after that you can use network update to get all of DA's updates from now now on.

bah
February 25th, 2008, 07:01
Ahh, you were right Micronut. Nice one.

I know bugger all about them (still a 1.5 user), thought the DADADA error was his way of saying 'an error message I didn't bother remembering'.

MicroNut
February 25th, 2008, 07:52
No problem.
I get things wrong too.
Written communication is often slow and misunderstood.

sadava
February 25th, 2008, 10:13
Many thanks hodgy will try what you said and let you know what happens. PS true geordie, me too.

sadava
February 25th, 2008, 17:08
tried doing what hodgy said and keeps coming back corupted data.

hodgy47
February 25th, 2008, 17:12
If your local i have a pandora kit, i could meet you somewhere and upgrade it for you, let me know and i will PM phone number to you to sort something out.

sadava
February 26th, 2008, 23:45
Can anyone point me in right direction to download official 1.50 update. Have tried searching PSP sites cannot find anything. Once I have this I think I will be sorted.

bah
February 27th, 2008, 03:15
Official Firmware 1.50 Installer (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4).

That's where I got it from, have been running 1.50 since the 2.0 downgrader was released.

sadava
February 27th, 2008, 09:49
Thank you, will let you know how i get on.

MicroNut
February 28th, 2008, 09:52
If at some point you are looking for other firmware: PSPVault 1.50~3.71 (http://www.psp-vault.com/UpDownload-req-viewsdownload-sid-580.psp)

doomvshalo
March 20th, 2008, 19:19
umphm my cousin psp having same problem but with m33 update from 3.52m33-4 but wont update to either 3.71/3.8m33,it worked on my psp which has 3.90m33,so i cant understand why i get this error,ive never seen this problem till recently