PDA

View Full Version : Help with Magic Memory Stick

rhythmicqueen
February 25th, 2008, 16:10
I have a new Psp slim (daxter) I was able to make a pandora battery with the slim battery. When i put the battery in my psp the power light stays green.

Now I need help with the Magic memory stick. I have a 1gb pro dual magic gate. I am using windows vista. I have no 1.50kernel in my psp. My psp is running ofw(Official Firm Ware?) 3.72 :p I'm a newbie to all of this. But i'm eager to learn.

I have read many thread some say that I need to use the cmd in vista, and other says just extract the msinstal to the c:\ drive, but that gives trouble as well. I get to the comand prompt but i need a step by step instruction. Please some one help. :) thanks

hodgy47
February 25th, 2008, 17:42
there is an installer out there that does it all for you, i cant post it here co it contains sony copyrighted files but you could search for it as your a total newbie place this in your search.

rhythmicqueen
February 26th, 2008, 00:50
Thank you, but I'm still stuck. I have used the newbie installer but doesn't work. I also tried using the windows CMD. but I wonder if anyone can help me do this step by step in windows vista. I mean literally step by step.

Wally
February 26th, 2008, 03:47
Bloody Vista.. always causes problems....

get XP somehow and use pandoras GUI

hodgy47
February 26th, 2008, 14:24
Vista is a total pain i had it and went back to xp pro you will struggle with vista.

bah
February 26th, 2008, 14:33
1) The newbie installer is illegal to distribute.

2) If you must persist with this path, try setting the .exe to run as administrator (right click/properties).

3) Vista is complete crap, and water is wet. I know, I'm stating the obvious.

Wally
February 26th, 2008, 22:29
1) The newbie installer is illegal to distribute.

2) If you must persist with this path, try setting the .exe to run as administrator (right click/properties).

3) Vista is complete crap, and water is wet. I know, I'm stating the obvious.

1) The newbie installer hasn't got any firmware files, you have to obtain them yourself :) everything is illegal these days so we'll have to live with it.

rhythmicqueen
February 26th, 2008, 23:59
i've tried getting padoras gui but for some reason the links are either old or just won't come up. do you have a direct link?

rhythmicqueen
February 27th, 2008, 00:01
the only other thing I have done was download msm files and extract them to my c drive. then go to dos and follow some instructions that was given else where. I almost got to the end but then i keep getting this...c:\msm>msinst m MSIPL.BIN
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL code MSIPL.BIN
241664 bytes(59 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 10
Check partation Sector
boot status 0x80
start head 0x0B
start sec/cyl 0x0012
partation type 0x06
last head 0x3F
last sec/cyl 0xB5E0
abs sector 0x00000171
ttl sector 0x001DAE8F
signature 0xAA55
Check BPB Sector
signature AA55
Check free reserved sector:to small reserved sectors

c:\msm>
anyone know what to do next?

bah
February 27th, 2008, 03:11
wally: Sorry, I meant the pandora's gui or one of the other 'all-in-one' newb packages.

There's nothing illegal (to distribute or use) about the process unless one of those all in one things are used.

bacalacadaca
February 29th, 2008, 07:51
yeah when i was trying to make my memstick it wouldnt work since i have vista so i installed windows xp via dual boot and it works on xp try going to some friends house