PDA

View Full Version : NesterDC discs not loading

ih8u
July 27th, 2004, 18:08
I made one months and months and months ago using nesboot and it worked perfectly. I also made a couple copies using the same process for friends and they also worked perfectly. However, I'm trying to make an updated NesterDC disc with some ROMs I missed on my initial disc, but I keep churning out what seem to be coasters.

I've tried both nesboot and selfboot, two different types of CD-R media, both of my burners (a Plextor CD-RW and a Sony DVD-RW), AND I've tried burning at the lowest speed possible (4x), but nothing seems to work. When I toss them in my Dreamcast (not literally, of course), I get the Dreamcast logo and then it'll take me to the "Play / File / Music / Etc" menu. Then, I'll throw in my older NesterDC disc and that still works fine. The only constant in the burning process has been Nero, but that never gave me a problem before.

What's interesting is that when I throw my working NesterDC disc into my CD-ROM drive, I can browse it and sort through the directories. When I insert one of my most recent attempts, I can't browse the discs at all and Windows XP seems to think they're blank discs despite the fact that I can visibly see the data on the disc (you know what I mean).

What in the world can I be doing wrong? I'm burning them as disc-at-once. Is there something else I need to check?

Any help is appreciated. I'm going nuts over here. Thanks.

Darksaviour69
July 27th, 2004, 18:29
mmm, i don't know. only thing is that if u use inducer and u don't have enough free space on your p.c. it will made a CD image anyway only at a smaller file size than it should be! the image will burn ok but willl not boot on the DC...... i learned that the hard way :-/

curt_grymala
July 27th, 2004, 21:16
What burning program are you using? (man, I've got the strangest feeling of Deja Vu, kind of like I just did this in the DCEmulation forums).

Morphie
July 28th, 2004, 06:28
If you're using Nero 6, that may be the problem. I've heard that this version of Nero isn't all that great for Dreamcast CDs. You could either downgrade to Nero 5.5, or use Alchohol 120%, which burns NRG images as well. If this doesn't help, I dunno...