PDA

View Full Version : how can i overclock my psp to 466 mhz?????

acn010
February 26th, 2008, 22:44
loke this http://console-forum.net/showthread.php?t=8969
lol
talk about it guys :cool:

pibs
February 26th, 2008, 22:59
hmm it overheats and dies?

its still amazing that it could reach such Mhz

Prasoc
February 26th, 2008, 23:02
i doubt its real but if it is, that would seriously kill your psp

Nicko01
February 27th, 2008, 00:24
Maybe by putting in a large heatsink + fan you can achieve around 366, but the power consumption would be too much for the small amout of gained speed due to an extra fan. I would try using a small copper heatsink (heat pipes out the back?) for cooling.

I really have never heard of someone actually booting their PSP overclocked though...

jxx2005
February 27th, 2008, 04:57
sounds like a bad pointless idea to me

ICE
February 27th, 2008, 05:06
Lmao was he trying to cook something with the motherboard?

PSPdemon
February 27th, 2008, 06:16
yea, you can overclock it...but it burns up really quick...

ive had people come onto irc and ask about how to overclock above 333 mhz...

really... its pointless to overclock above that... games ( even though its being clocked above the highest ) will not work.. homebrew wont...xmb wont...even the recovery menu wont...

its highly unstable and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone...

so kiddy's....dont try overclocking your already overclocked ( 333mhz ) psp... youll only get a shinny paperweight out of it...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Mister Klownes
February 27th, 2008, 07:17
I have to wonder...why?

What purpose would be served in overclocking? I've never come across an application that needed more power than the PSP can deliver...unless you're talking about opening a whole new set of stuff, in which case, I don't think it's worth the effort.

Wally
February 27th, 2008, 09:11
so kiddy's....dont try overclocking your already overclocked ( 333mhz ) psp... youll only get a shinny paperweight out of it...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

yes a rather small one too ;) It might just turn out that your PSP is now a paper clip

acn010
February 28th, 2008, 22:19
lol. people are crazy these days... who knows people might start competing on psp overclocking and cooling the psp with dry ice or liquid nitrogen lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2eSwf5LxGAM&feature=related

AdamRav
February 29th, 2008, 00:08
lol, that videos pretty crazy acn

i agree with the others on this, no point overclockin the psp, you'll jus end up regretting it

acn010
February 29th, 2008, 00:37
i know... but it will be crazy though XP

wolfpack
March 3rd, 2008, 05:55
what i dont get is... why is he releasing it to the public? you know some dumbass is actually gonna think itll work correctly and think he can play games at godlike (well not really but i mean much more than what the psp can handle speeds on a portable) speed... i can think of only one use for this, revenge to someones psp, light that baby up!

dark heart
March 5th, 2008, 10:05
ooh me first. :\