PDA

View Full Version : I need help working this emulator roms homebrew stuff

burn123
August 17th, 2005, 05:33
I just got my psp a few days ago just because of all the things i heard about it and how it could emulate all those nintendo systems. I really want to put a game boy advance emulator on my psp but I just can't pull it off. Here is what i have done so far. By the way i was following the instructions from http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6432 .

1. Connected my psp to my computer using a USB cable.

2. Turned my psp on and put it in USB mode.

3. Downloaded Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 BETA by going to this website http://www.gbxemu.com and clicking on the GBA link at the top of the screen.

4. Downloaded Kxploit at http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/06/22/kxploit-direct-loader-v150-released by clicking the link there.

5. Downloaded rom of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance from http://www.gbxemu.com by clicking on the romshare link at the top of the screen and going to page 3.

6. Unzipped the Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 BETA by right-clicking the the zipped files and clicking the option extract files.... . Then a new window pops up asking me where to put it. I put it in desktop.

7. Unzipped Kxploit in a similar manner and completed its setup.

8. Tested the rom and emulator on my computer. Everything was ok except for the sound was a little off.

i dont know exactly what to do from here. plz help. Also i would really appreciate it if you could make your help or instructions as detailed and simple to follow as possible. thanx a bunch

xuphorz
August 17th, 2005, 05:40
yo, i wrote that guide
nice to meet you :cool:

the gba emulator must be named "vbapsp" and "vbapsp%" without quotes
must warn you tho, the gba emulators REALLY sucks, that's why i don't cover it on my guide :)

burn123
August 17th, 2005, 05:52
ty, hello to you to. :)

allright, i completed steps 1 and 2 of your guide.

im confused by step 3

"3. Open the file, and extract the EBOOT.PBP located inside it."

which file are you referring to? the emulator/the rom/the kxploit

thx

xuphorz
August 17th, 2005, 05:54
in step 2, it says download whatever homebrew u want, so it's refering to that

burn123
August 17th, 2005, 06:00
oh, ok thats what i thought in the beginning but when I downloaded the vba emulator it came zipped. so i unzipped it and I didnt see any eboot.pbp. I only saw 2 files. One being the emulator and one being a file called copying that when i tried to open said choose program from a list. i chose wordpad and it had a whole bunch of copyright information and stuff like that. i didnt see an eboot.pbp there. i think i did something wrong...

xuphorz
August 17th, 2005, 06:02
did u download a PC vba emulator?
if so, yes, that's wrong
the psp one is here
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/vbapsp.shtml

EDIT: it's 1AM here, and i got schol tommorow.
i'm going to bed, sorry :(
I won't be back untill tommorow afternoon, so i hope good people like 1timeuser, shizzle, wraggster, and others can help u :D

burn123
August 17th, 2005, 06:04
oooooooh, ok. yeah thats exactly what i was doing. :o whoops
ty ty ty very much

ok. i completed steps 1-10 of your guide

on step 11 it says gba has special rules. I think i read somewhere that that meant you have to rename it gba.rom and you have to put it in either vbasp or vbasp%. i tried putting my rom in both and it just sent my psp right back to the home page. :(

ataribob
August 17th, 2005, 20:43
That's the only emulator that sux's big time.
You would be better using one that works better.
What firmware do you have anyway?

parabolee
August 17th, 2005, 21:18
Yeah go for the SNES TYL emu for the first test, also you might want to download from BLOODSHOT's thread with pre-made emulators, that way all you need to do is copy them into PSP/GAME

Also one question no one asked, do you have a 1.00 or 1.50 firmware PSP? Because if not, your never going to get it working :(

parabolee
August 17th, 2005, 21:20
you have to put it in either vbasp or vbasp%. i tried putting my rom in both and it just sent my psp right back to the home page. :(

It shoukd be VBAPSP not VBASP. Just in case that wasn't a typo.

burn123
August 18th, 2005, 01:01
yeah, i have firmware 1.50 so thats all safe. I still can't figure out how to do vbapsp(no that wasn't a typo, thx for pointing that out) but i just quit on that and tried bloodshot's premade emulators which worked great. BUt im only 12 so i dont know about the games so can anyone post some games that they enjoy from the

Sega Genesis
Snes
Nes
Gameboy

These are the four that i know and have heard good things about. Are their any other emulators that work well and have good games.

Note: im not asking for links to rom sites or referrences to rom sites or anything. I just want some advice on which games are fun. thx for any help given

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 01:11
Toejam and Earl (NOT the second one) -Genesis
All Sonic games - Genesis

Terranigma - SNES
Troddlers - SNES
Zelda - SNES
Wario's Woods - SNES
Illusion of Gaia -SNES

burn123
August 18th, 2005, 01:18
k, thx, ill try all of those

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 01:24
a word on troddlers, the sound is horid on psp. if you want full troddlers experience, go for a pc emulator