PDA

View Full Version : MDF to CDI(or other types)

Hola
July 23rd, 2004, 21:05
I need something to convert mdf files to something nero or disk juggler can burn because alchohol 120% just doesnt work for me.

Eric
July 23rd, 2004, 22:06
what kind of problems are you having? cause there is no tools for that

curt_grymala
July 24th, 2004, 08:39
What exactly are you trying to burn?

Eric
July 24th, 2004, 09:16
Mdf's are images that you can burn with Alcohol 120%. You burn them by using the built in feature of Alcohol 120%. Select the image you want to use on the virtual drive. Then go to copy cd and then you can use your CD-R burner to burn the image straight from your virtual drive. This is strictly help for people who need to know how to burn homebrew files that are in the mdf file format and the virtual drive must be used for mdf files in Alcohol 120%.

Eric

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 11:17
I know how to burn mdf files and all and they normally work. It's just this one file I got from friend that wont burn. Is there any coders here that might be able to make a utility? Hehe wheres bero when you need him?

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 11:23
Ohh and i'm trying to burn Gen+DC preview build 3. If I could just have a direct link to the plain files that would be nice seeing how no sites updated yet and still has the first release up.

curt_grymala
July 24th, 2004, 12:49
You can get an SBI of preview 3 from here: http://consolevision.com/dreamcast/emus/genesis/

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 12:55
Ugh sbi files. Cant you get plain ones from that?
Also the sbi links are dead.

curt_grymala
July 24th, 2004, 13:12
First of all, SBI files are simply plain files that have been zipped up with a few extra items added. If you rename an SBI file to have a ZIP extension, you can extract it. Then, simply find the BIN file (which will be inside the /Inducer/Emus/ directory), scramble it, and name it "1st_Read.bin".

Or, you could use SBInducer v4, and use the "SBI2Boot" function, which will do that automatically for you.

Anyway - you can get the SBI from Sbiffy!, too. The SBI file there is called "Genplus3_bO.sbi"

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 14:05
Well I tried to make plain files out of them but I just couldnt figure out the right structure.

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 21:57
I dont know what took me so long to think of this but the easiest way to burn things if you only have one burning program is simple.

Get Daemon Tools or Alchohol image mounters.
Mount the image then do a cd to cd copy.

curt_grymala
July 25th, 2004, 07:09
Um... isn't that what eric said half a page ago? ;D

souLLy
July 25th, 2004, 08:11
hmmm... mdf sounds like warez talk to me...

curt_grymala
July 25th, 2004, 08:21
hmmm... mdf sounds like warez talk to me...

That's what I thought at first, souLLy, but he did say that he was just trying to burn GenPlus preview 3, and even asked for a link to the plain files.

Eric
July 25th, 2004, 09:10
Hey Curt thanks for the interesting news about renaming a sbi file to a zip cause i never knew that its great help.

Eric
July 25th, 2004, 10:03
Also i wouldnt say MDF is illegal image cause you can make a homebrew game any image you want MDF's,ISO and so on.

Hola
July 25th, 2004, 13:15
I would say my friends a idiot for using MDF when no one ever uses it for anything but DVD image files. I think a nice cdi or nrg is best for anything. BTW thanks for the help everyone.

Eric
July 25th, 2004, 16:40
No prob and i totally agree cause i never knew thats what you had to do with image until i had the same problem peed me right off