PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help!

CAINEB
February 27th, 2008, 10:39
Hi there, i recently brought a white psp from ebay as a present for my gf, its a jap import 1000cw and yesterdayday i have brought sonic rivals 2 and sims castaway for it, ive got home to try and play them and they wont play and it says i need an update? i have tried to update it and it says there is an error, the error code is DRNFFFFFFCE I then looked on the internet for a cure and it showed me a key cleaner, but now i try to use the key cleaner and i get the code 80020148

I also spent all last night into the early hours trying to fix it but i couldnt, the version it is using it 2.81 firmware,

Please can someone help me!

hodgy47
February 27th, 2008, 16:30
You cant use a key cleaner on official firmware as it is ahomebrew app, I very much doubt it will be a key problem anyway more like cos its an import, You could downgrade If its the old fat psp to 1.50 and install custom firmware or use the pandora battery method and upgrade to custom firmware either way your better off running custom firmware.
Have a look HERE (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide-281-303-to-15-downgrade-guide-92517.html) for how to downgrade.

cal360
February 27th, 2008, 16:34
I say use the pandoras battery as it will repair all the faults with the PSP's system quickly and it should will allow you to play the games region free. Check our tutorials section and it should all be there showing you what to do. It will require you to have another PSP that runs homebrew though.