PDA

View Full Version : Trucha Signer 0.21

wraggster
February 27th, 2008, 16:24
Description via Willi (http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Main_Page)

Major scene breakthrough. Trucha Signer lets you remove, add or alter the information on the Wii disk and then re-sign it with a valid electronic signature that the Wii will accept. The author is now working on support for VC-game and Wii channel. This should be a easy way to get Linux on a DVD that the Wii will accept. However the bug that allow this is easy to spot, so do not update your Wii at the moment. (Should not be hard to avoid if you remove it from the Wii disks before inserting them into the Wii.)

Hmm im not so sure myself but it is another note of interest for the Wii Scene.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Yami Mario
February 27th, 2008, 17:04
Whoha! The scene sure grew with the twilight hack!

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 17:17
yeah!

now i'm definatley buying the sd gecko and zelda TP!!

soon we won't be needing the emus anymore if this hack works and the game u want is released on VC..

and linux.. IT ROCKS MAN! :D

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 17:36
this is amazing.
hm, so if i had a backup, i could use this to play it without a modchip? (assuming my old backup works)

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 17:41
i'm gonna try it now.. with smg :D

i own the original if you wonder.. (in a day or two xD)

and i'm using a dvd-rw to burn it to (verbatim)

EDIT: the program said "error decrypting data" when i was opening the smg backup..
and i saw this thread too http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76509
saying it "just" resigns the disc to make it run after you modify it, on a chipped console :(

i was really happy for a while there.. i'm locking forward to the vc games though :)

Zimond
February 27th, 2008, 18:07
hm, so if i had a backup, i could use this to play it without a modchip? (assuming my old backup works)

No you can't. As i understand this right every Wii disk, so also an iso image of one, is signed and the wii checks this signed information if it matches to the disk content. When you change anything from the disk is does not match anymore. So you need to resign it.

The Mod Chip is still required to be able to boot from non orignial disks.

Anyway if this works out in the future i guess people who don't want to play "backups" will have a reason to buy a modchip.

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 18:38
i've just read on gbatemp (the thread link in my previous post) that they have enabled the gore on some PAL games that the devs have disabled..

EDIT: they are working on disabling the news and weather channel in the SSBB update and enabling stereo sound on guitar hero 3..

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 18:54
No you can't. As i understand this right every Wii disk, so also an iso image of one, is signed and the wii checks this signed information if it matches to the disk content. When you change anything from the disk is does not match anymore. So you need to resign it.

The Mod Chip is still required to be able to boot from non orignial disks.

Anyway if this works out in the future i guess people who don't want to play "backups" will have a reason to buy a modchip.

oh ok thanks, that clears it up for me lol.
man, i need to delete my random backup i made a while ago, i did it just to do it, and now its just taking up space

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 19:00
one guy on gbatemp found characters in the SSBB iso that aren't in the game, like mewtwo or something.

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 19:17
oh wow, thats nuts.
but whats this i hear about being able to resign VC games?
is that so you can resign them to a diff console?

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 19:21
yeah if what i've read is true (i think so).
this is from the same author that made the original version of rawdump..

EDIT: I really hope so, cus i don't have the money for zelda and sd gecko right now :(..
EDIT2: i think you will have to have a vc title on your console already so you can get you own specific key and then you will be able to sign the ones that aren't yours with your own key, but i don't know if the console will like it because the games that you resign with your own key, you obviously haven't bought so the wii haven't registered it as "bought".

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 19:33
lol 2nd that on zelda and SDgecko.
hmm, so they are working on getting vc games to be edited...
so you could maybe just do the same thing as with the PSP Ps1 emu.. like just edit a n64 VC game and put your own modified rom in it?

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 19:40
probably not cus the vc titles also has an emulator built in for every title, so you would have to "make" ur own emulator that the wii can read and accept, and i don't think that will work..

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 19:44
i see.
i guess we will have to wait and see what this turns into.
probably going to be homebrew straight from disc on chipped consoles

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 19:47
yeah i think so too..

or from a vc game, some kind of loader or something.

post #70 :D

EDIT: maybe a freeloader :)

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 19:49
yepp, but if its from a VC game, meaning just from a channel. you wont need a chip
which will be amazing

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 19:51
yes, that would be awesome, making ur own channels with homebrew games, like a linux loader :)

DSL (Damn Small Linux) would easily fit on a sd card, it's only 50 MB and it's bootable too :)

EDIT: I'm gonna watch Lost now :D, but i'm coming back after that hehe

brasssmunky
February 27th, 2008, 20:00
yeah
if there was a nice linux kernel with X running on it and full input support, i would love it

____anders____
February 27th, 2008, 20:57
awesome..

Yami Mario
March 7th, 2008, 12:05
Wonder if this can take the Nintendo DS mini game out from the Geometry Wars Galaxies disc?