PDA

View Full Version : DreamSnes

mas29
July 18th, 2004, 11:59
when i run the pike program for dreamsnes and let it burn. it goes to 100% on writing session 2 but it doesnt say that it completed and then the cd comes out by itself and then my computer freezes. i went to a relatives house and put it in his dreamcast and it didnt work. please help me.

MasterMunt
July 18th, 2004, 14:45
What program did you use to burn the DreamSNES cd?

mas29
July 18th, 2004, 15:17
i used pike, the program you use to burn the cd in dreamsnes. here is how i did it http://www.lysator.liu.se/dreamsnes/tutorial/

curt_grymala
July 18th, 2004, 16:15
Try using SBInducer. There is a tutorial that explains everything at http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/Sbindv4_Tut.shtml

Eric
July 18th, 2004, 20:00
and i would also recommend using Nero or Disc Juggler to burn as i have no clue about Pike

Ken34
July 18th, 2004, 22:34
a VERY good program to use to burn dreamsnes is DC factory, sorry i dotn have the link, but it is by far the best program, you will surely have a working cd by time you are done, ti is just too easy man, hopefully someone gives you a link, becaus eit is awsome, it never fails.

guymelef
July 19th, 2004, 00:01
I do agree about the dcfactory thing but I don't think that it has been updated to .9.7 yet. but the sbi does work pretty good. althoug it doesn't have the option to take those silly pumpkins or the hearts depending on the version. and don't forget that when it comes to dsnes always use a program that will generate a romlist for you. and backup your roms before hand as some romlist programs will rename your roms in such a way that it would be hell to decipher what they actually are. anyway good luck and don't forget to read the options screen once you finally get it burned for hints on how to speed up emulation.

Christuserloeser
July 19th, 2004, 04:48
Dreamcast Factory is okay but not as good as SBInducer. The menu might be nicer but the tool itself is just not as good.

Eric
July 19th, 2004, 07:39
I do say that Dream Factory was good one. I dont know with Chris about the sbi thing cause i keep having problems with it but this is something being advertised. I dont know why i think its great for people want to have it for homebrew stuff and maybe adding emulation with homebrew all on one disk.

For myself when it comes to emulation i love seeing this stuff on one disk. I just find it more athentic. So i am not putting SBI down. Also Dream Factory is not updated and its final version until someone else wants to work with it.

I think will work for the last version of Dream Snes and i will still promote Selfboot cause i think that program is great and also another great is cdi2nero.exe version 2.

Sorry about SBI but i do believe that somethings have to be one disk without other things and a GUI type of program.

Eric

curt_grymala
July 19th, 2004, 09:15
Sorry about SBI but i do believe that somethings have to be one disk without other things and a GUI type of program.

Eric

The new version of Selfboot Inducer includes a feauture that will put one thing on a disc all by itself, just like Selfboot would.