PDA

View Full Version : Few questions on Wolfenstein and Doom

sonicboy
July 18th, 2004, 12:03
Hi
I have burned both wolf and nxdoom with selfboot inducers. First of all, wolfenstein (full version) doesn't work. On the readme file i've read the following line: "Put the data files in the inducer directory". So i thought i had to put it in the default install directory, namely WOLF3D.
But i guess i was wrong. Maybe i had to put the files in just in the inducer directory.
And secondly, Doom I doesn't work. Every time i try to start it, i get the following (fattal) error: W_GetNumForName: STBAR not found.
I get that one also on my pc when i try to start it with nxdoom.
I put the Doom.wad file into a doom directory, allong with nxdoom.exe and fmod.dll.
Any solutions to get DoomI to work?

thx in advance

BlackAura
July 19th, 2004, 01:58
You have an older version of Doom 1. nxDoom requires version 1.9 of the Doom WAD file. It will not work at all with any version earlier than 1.6, and it's really unstable with any version earlier than 1.9.

http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/download.php#Patches

Chances are you have 1.1 or 1.2, so download those patches and try patching the PC version of the game. If they don't work, try the 1.666 and 1.8 patches. While you're at it, you may as well grab the Ultimate Doom upgrade as well.