PDA

View Full Version : DSCnc Released - Command and Conquer DS

wraggster
February 28th, 2008, 20:30
Satan2k (http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20733) has answered my dreams and released an alpha version of DSCnc - Command and Conquer DS, the DS is made for RTS gaming :)

Digg This News (http://digg.com/nintendo/DSCnc_Released_Command_and_Conquer_DS)

http://digg.com/nintendo/DSCnc_Released_Command_and_Conquer_DS

Heres the French to English Translation

Presentation:
Voila, following the death of a starlite, and having no other RTS on DS, I decided to start a command & conquer on DS. Some questions come to mind already, I am on and I will respond in advance to those.

First, the copyright, command & conquer Tiberian Dawn (thus the first) was libèré in June 2007. So I (we) do not face prosecution and we will not be in the illegalité.

Secondo, one such project was started in 2005 was stopped in 2006-2007, did not give further till today. So I will try myself to start something. I have the game, all the tools for ripping sprites, the methodology for resuming under DS, so I will not try?

Regarding develloppement he uses palib, but with the 3D processor, and therefore more performance and possibilities (eg casssant virtually the limit of sprites). (Libnds me asked many questions problem memory management)

I do not know at all or this project will lead me, I do not know at all whether it will bear fruit or be killed in the bud like many homebrew. But I will still try to do something nice in the long run.

If ever there were brave people who want to follow me, the door is completely open, but the releases it is not right away. A game such requires much work and a lot of nerves.

Otherwise, I know that you do pertinement me to know not here, so I will not unduly try to convince you, but here, you may wish good luck ;-)

Fotografías:

No image at the moment, but it could happen, and I am working on the engine

History:
-- 20082402 beginning of the project, ripping process defined test via animation
OpenGL
-- 20082502 working with libnds, test passages in memory, cleaning
-- 20082602 too much problem with libnds, reecriture project with palib
-- 20082702 beginning Writing of structure and purpose, study the system and on the A * algorithm
-- 20082802 after writing object, manufacturer, and various animations, demonstration (proof of concept) available (construction of a building pen)

How to play:
It is an RTS, which will be played exclusively stylus. The factions GDI and NOD argue to raise the tiberium, became the first mineral wealth of the earth. Thursday appeared in 1995, created by westwood Studios, and libèré by EA games during a 12-year series

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

masterchief929
February 28th, 2008, 21:11
no DLDI? uhhh... the screen goes black, i touch the screen and a building appears? the graphics look good! :P but im very confused. please do not stop working on the project! it has great potential to be a great game!

Peronthious
February 28th, 2008, 22:31
It's pretty, certainly, but I'm seeing nothing more than a touch screen building generator.

acid_snail
February 28th, 2008, 23:54
cant wait, although in all honestly i cant see the point in releasing that, get some basic building and unit functionality in there for an alpha release and then u got me excited! :)

dopamine
February 29th, 2008, 00:37
atm seems awesome!!!, ya know what would be cool? diablo 2 multiplayer on the ds *Droooooools*

cataphrax
February 29th, 2008, 03:42
remember starlite? This thing is gonna get shut down soooo fast.

R4mbo
February 29th, 2008, 08:19
wow... I love that Idea, I hope you can and will develope a stable version! Good luck!!!

Ayla
February 29th, 2008, 14:48
remember starlite? This thing is gonna get shut down soooo fast.
The difference is that now Command and Conquer is legally downloadable.

samslime
February 29th, 2008, 15:34
there ar ea new version avalibe now with 2 building s to build :D