PDA

View Full Version : Sonic for psp question

bacalacadaca
February 29th, 2008, 07:30
I was wondering if sonic 2 works on pspgenesis 0.18

because i havnt been able to load it but i read that some guy got it to load but it had some control problem but atleast he got it to load so what do you guys use to run any game no matter if its slow just like the SNES emulator which you need kxploit with because it will run any game regardless if its slow

i hope someone replies:D

bah
February 29th, 2008, 09:41
Use Picodrive 1.35b (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80319) to emulate megadrive (genesis) games.

It runs sonic 2 extremely well, full speed almost all the time.

If you are running a custom firmware you do not need the kxploited (firmware 1.5) version, download the version without 'kxploit' in the name.
I think that's what you were getting at, that middle paragraph is kind of difficult to understand.

bacalacadaca
March 1st, 2008, 05:21
damn this is sick are there any other emulator that run games the fastest like Super nintendo games?

bah
March 1st, 2008, 05:41
In Picodrive by default, the triangle button on the PSP switches between 'fast renderer' and 'accurate renderer'. Obviously fast is faster, but sometimes a game will be missing graphics (water in the chemical zone levels of sonic for example), or may crash.
Accurate renderer wont have these problems, but you may experience slowdown in some games.

Make sure you have to PSP's CPU to run at 333mhz: go to 'change options' from the startup menu or the in-game menu (select button), then make sure 'CPU/bus clock' is set to 333/166MHz.
You may need to change the value of 'frameskip' for some games if they slow down. I have it set to 0 (none) myself, but you may want to use Auto or a set number.

Also, go into the 'Display options' sub-menu and you can choose if you want the games stretched to take up the widescreen display or original 4:3 format.

Then last but not least go down to 'done' and press O, then down to 'Save cfg as default' and press O.

Picodrive can also play Mega(sega)-cd games.

For SNES emulation, snes9x_tyl 0.4.2ME is still the best for SNES emulation.
When you load a game in snes9x, press both L and R triggers to enter the menu, then go to 'MISC' and make sure 'PSP Clockspeed' is set to 333Mhz.
Then go to 'Video' and make sure 'Engine' is set to 'PSP accel. + accur. soft.'

Remember that the O button is ok/enter and the X button is cancel/back in this emulator.

bacalacadaca
March 1st, 2008, 07:03
thanks for the info man

bacalacadaca
March 2nd, 2008, 00:17
since you have some knowledge about emulators i want to know which is the newest/best emulator for gameboy advanced and mame.

bah
March 2nd, 2008, 05:27
gpsp 0.9 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46046) is the best GBA emu.
Download gpsp09.zip, not gpsp09_150.zip.

You will need to find the correct version of the gba BIOS file yourself and name it as the readme.txt tells you.

Is your PSP a slim, if so that may not run.
If it wont run you will have to ask around and see if there is an unofficial gpsp version that will run on a slim.
I'm not too sure about that.

I have no idea for MAME, try this post (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148024033&postcount=3).