PDA

View Full Version : The Pandora Battery Life

argor
February 29th, 2008, 11:14
Craigix posted this (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=40823&st=0)

Do you want as long a life as possible? Or less weight? Does anyone care how heavy the pandora is if it has 16 hours of battery life?

A large battery can weigh as much as 120grams.

Let us know what you think.

dam 16 hours that is good :thumbup:

Whats your views on this ?

Jeric
March 3rd, 2008, 17:29
Cram in as big a batter yin as you can fit in the formfactor. Currently(if its still roughly a little bigger than the phat) it'd be a bit of a squeeze to get it in a pocket, so I dunno there. Get the unit too big and you have very real comparisons to the eee and other microtops(depsite differnet processer types being used and aimed at different markets). So ther'es always that tradeoff.

However having said that. SIXTEEN HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE!

YES YES YES YES SIGN ME UP!

Ewin24
March 4th, 2008, 02:23
I used to think that battery life didn't matter too much, when I used my PSP mainly.
Now that I'm mostly a DS man, however, I see the error in my ways.
Having a massive battery life is great.
They really should get it as far up as possible.

However, please DO NOT compromise the form factor. My two favorite aspects of my DSlite is how tiny it is and how long it lasts.... and while I know the DS is vastly underpowered compared to the Pandora, please try to keep it small.

DreamDogg
May 11th, 2008, 11:00
There's utility in having both big and small battery sizes, and I can imagine keeping both for different situations.

The real opportunity as I see it, is to make the Pandora's clamshell acommodate both small and large batteries without hampering the Pandora's ergonomics. It makes sense for the battery's back to also form the Pandora's back. Just my two cents.

Twisted.inc
July 6th, 2008, 03:43
I agree ^

Let the consumer have the choice in weight VS battery life

:)