PDA

View Full Version : Finding a 1.5?

PSP_Newbie
August 18th, 2005, 10:01
Alright, its been an eternity from when i got back a brand new 1.51 psp from the broken 1.5 i sent in(a week) and now i cant stand it anymore. Homebrew is the only thing i ever used my psp for, and not being able to use it is awful. Plus with homebrew i save money in the long run from not haveing to buy more games. My question is: what is the best course of action to find a 1.5 psp? From what i hear, there are still 1.5's in the smaller non-corporate stores available for purchase. I am going to try and look around all the small stores i can this weekend, and hope i find one, but what do i need to know? I know that 1000k's are 1.5's, but im not quite sure about the A's and B's, and other ways to distinguish a 1.5 from a 1.51. Or would you guys recommend some ebay or the like source? Or maybe one of you has a 1.5 and is thinking about upgrading to 2.0 that would be willing to help me out. I dont think lik-sang, etc would be a good idea, since they focus on importing to other countries, and since im in US it sorta ruins the whole point since i can just go out and buy one. Or not, any opinion would help. Or maybe someone in California has seen a 1.5 psp recently, got theirs recently, or just knows some of the smaller stores that might have them in the area...
Any help would be great, as I think I am running out of time, as every day lowers the chance of me finding a 1.5.
Thnx in advance for any help you guys can give :D , and ill check on this tommorow morning

shizzle
August 18th, 2005, 10:22
1000k with nothing and with a will be 1.50 unless updated by the store and everything else will be higher

slik da relic
August 18th, 2005, 12:13
a shame u dont live in nyc for this one.... i got another 1.5 yesterday... a nice lil spot downtown brooklyn.

da relic

Bloodsack
August 18th, 2005, 14:03
I had a feeling Sony would do that to you.

Sucks dude. The only place I can think of is ebay.

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 14:18
Yeah Ebasy is your friend. Buy a 1.50 from there and sell yours on there too, you'll probably break even.

PSP_Newbie
August 19th, 2005, 02:26
thnx guys, I'll look around every store i can think of this weekend looking for a 1000k with out anything else on it, or an "A" if i got that right, and if i cant find anything, i guess ill have to get one from ebay. And da Relic, thats good news that u got a 1.5 from an actual store. What was it called btw? maybe they have one here in CA too that might still have a 1.5. Anyways, thnx guys, ill see if i can find one :D

PSP_Newbie
August 19th, 2005, 09:44
Hmm...I'm thinking, if I can't find a 1.5 in a store, has anyone bought a 1.5 from ebay and has a positive experience from a specific seller, or have any tips?

Mr.Modem
August 19th, 2005, 12:02
www.winsunx.com sells PSP 1.5

PSP_Newbie
August 19th, 2005, 21:44
only problem with that is it only sells japanese psp's, and with the region code it can only play japanses movie UMD's. tho i dont watch movies on my psp, i might at some point and having to get a japanese movie umd will suck....then again, i can just rip any dvd i have to my memory stick as it is. Well, i guess it's worth it if i run out of options, but I'll check around for a 1.5 in stores first,
any other ideas?

SmashinGit
August 19th, 2005, 21:59
The trouble with umd's is that they may also update your firmware, so becareful.

parabolee
August 19th, 2005, 22:00
http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=131&A=50&Task=Click

Have you tried there?

Link is dead right now but it will be back up I'm sure. That was an add on DCEMU.

or look it up here -

http://www.success-hk.com/

burn123
August 20th, 2005, 20:43
toys r us has 1.5 psps. ive checked like 4 of them near where i live(Sacramento, Ca) and they all had 1.5s and 1.51s.

PSP_Newbie
August 20th, 2005, 23:38
really? when i checked, on the 2nd of July, more than 1.5 months ago, it had 1.51's... ilve check anyways, thnx for the suggestion

slik da relic
August 21st, 2005, 01:55
thnx guys, I'll look around every store i can think of this weekend looking for a 1000k with out anything else on it, or an "A" if i got that right, and if i cant find anything, i guess ill have to get one from ebay. And da Relic, thats good news that u got a 1.5 from an actual store. What was it called btw? maybe they have one here in CA too that might still have a 1.5. Anyways, thnx guys, ill see if i can find one :D

its just one of the many moms n pops stores out here, if u really want one, and u cant find it out there, maybe we can set something up. let me know how ur search is goin.

da relic

dale
August 21st, 2005, 01:57
i need help ppl i got my psp but i cant get no games on it it alwas says corrupted data n i dont know what to do im thinking its becuse i have version 1.52 but if thats the problem how do ui fix it ??? help!!!

slik da relic
August 21st, 2005, 05:11
i need help ppl i got my psp but i cant get no games on it it alwas says corrupted data n i dont know what to do im thinking its becuse i have version 1.52 but if thats the problem how do ui fix it ??? help!!!

lmao!!! lemme respond b4 someone less polite does.... 1.5s are the only AMERICAN ones that work... anything higher is useless for homebrew at this time.... pleeeaaaase, U MUST READ THE FORUM!!! its not hard to find this info. i think some of u guys r lazy. seriously.

da relic

sead0nkey
August 21st, 2005, 07:40
I just got a 1.5 PSP used from game stop in the local mall. Only $199 I picked up the product replacement plan for $20 more. They let me check the firmware at the counter.

PSP_Newbie
August 21st, 2005, 08:09
Alright!!! So much for mom n' pop stores, lol.
at the first place i went into, Best Buys, a huge electronics store, they had a huge stock of 1.5 psp's and only 1.5's, they didnt even have another version other than the 1.5 :D
and i thought they were rare...
only problem is that it had a whole bunch of dead pixels i didnt notice at first, but i can just come in tommorow and swap it for a good one.
now my only really problem is im down $540... so now ill have to sell my old psp on ebay or something if i cant find a friend that wants one without homebrew...
anyone want a PSP that they can upgrade to 2.0 or just use normaly? it'll be cheap^^
anyways, glad this worked out well, thnx for the help
WOOOT! I'm back to homebrew once again!! :D

and i got one of those Logitech cases that completely encases the psp yet u can open the top lid and play the psp normally just in case i ever drop it again :D

slik da relic
August 21st, 2005, 11:10
i got that one too... i like the rubber padding inside. but my next project will be to change the D pad. yes, it sux, and i never liked any playstation Dpads. how the hell am i supposed to play fighting games with a bunch of buttons??!! and gettin a diagnal move on here is ridiculous!! i cant believe after all these years, sony still uses that garbage. the best Dpad ever? The sega nomad, thats my goal. i'll check out a few Dpad overlays, but i think im gonna be performing surgery.

da relic

Blaze RT
August 21st, 2005, 16:06
anyone want a PSP that they can upgrade to 2.0 or just use normaly? it'll be cheap

How much do you want for it?
What condition is it in?
What all is included if I should buy it from you?

PSP_Newbie
August 21st, 2005, 22:43
How much do you want for it?
What condition is it in?
What all is included if I should buy it from you?
my 1.51 psp?
i think im planning to sell it for about $200 or something like that, ill think about it
Its in brand new condition, as when i sent in my broken psp to sony, they just decided to send me a new one instead of fixing it or sending me a refurbished one
and i still have everything from the value pack such as headphones, ac adaptor, charger, sample disc, everything in a value pack. If you want it, anyone know if there's some online trading site? like, that uses something like paypal and one person sends the money and the other person sends the item so it can be done safely?

Zale1
August 21st, 2005, 23:31
don't use forums to trade your psp, because I tried to sell my paintball gun off a forum before and somebody agreed to pay me via paypal. He sent me the cash with a stolen credit card and paypal froze my account when they found out it was stolen and would not let me access my account. I still to this day can't gain access to it and I had over 100 us dollars in it. What I would do, buy a 1.50 from your local mom and pops store keep the recipt and than bring back the 1.51 and make up a good excuse to get a refund or store credit. If they only agree to give store that's okay if you plan on buying an xbox 360 or ps3 in the near future. That's what I would do but your not me, so do what you want.

PSP_Newbie
August 22nd, 2005, 04:07
yeah, thats y i was wondering if there's a site that makes it safe to trade, etc
then again, i think that ill keep my 1.51 psp for now, so if a really cool game i want comes out in the future and it requires X.XX firmware to run, i can just play it on my psp which ill keep updated. heh, and i used to think its crazy to have more than 1 psp, but i guess i do too now^^

PSP_Newbie
August 22nd, 2005, 04:18
oh, and it was a much bigger hassle to get a new one than originally intended. i went back the next day to switch it for one w/out dead pixels, and when i got there it turned out some guy just then bought the last 2 psp's just as i went to get one =(
so i went to the other Best Buys in the area, but that one seemed to have sold out its 1.5's a bit ago. So as i was going back, i noticed an EBgames store and thought, "Why not? Worth a look." So i checked, and some guy turned out to have sold his 1.5 psp just an hour ago and it was in great condition and only 1 tiny dead pixel on the side barely noticable, despite that fact he bought it the day it came out. Now I have a great psp with an unnoticable dead pixel for $50 less than normal since its used. It lacked a wipe and strap, but i had those from my other one, so im set!
this turned out pretty well and im happy to be back with a homebrew-compatible psp :D

Zale1
August 23rd, 2005, 16:44
Regarding your dead pixels. Did you try using that program that attempts to get rid of stuck pixels? They may not actually be dead, it's possible that they are stuck on a certain color. I forgot the link to it, I think Bloodsac knows it because he offered a link to it in an old forum or maybe I'm wrong.

PSP_Newbie
August 23rd, 2005, 20:50
well, i returned the one with a whole bunch of dead pixels, and now i got a much cheaper one thats used but in good condition with only 1, which is completely unnoticable unless the screen is completely black and you r looking for it^^
so now i really have no use for it, tho i havent heard of any success with using that tool...