PDA

View Full Version : Vice64 / Frodo ? please...

han
August 18th, 2005, 11:20
And thanks to all the emu authors out there who have spent so much time and energy in giving us what we already have - and ...

to just put this out there where are the Commodore 64 emulators? I want to cry... Maybe some homebrew coder might just pick up the mission to port one of these sorely missed (at least for me :) emulators to the PSP

Vice64 is probably the best and most compatible open source commodore 64 emulator out there - source code is available here http://www.viceteam.org/

Frodo64 is not nearly as compatible but still is quite nice, and probably the easier of the two emulators to port. Source code is available here http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/bauec002/FRMain.html - there is GP32 and other ports also with source released.

I would be quite prepared to hit a paypal donate button for any of these systems running.

SmashinGit
August 19th, 2005, 05:31
I to would easily donate for a Commodore 64 emulator. :D

DCRich
August 20th, 2005, 00:53
ah yes. My favorite system of all time. If I could code decently, I would do it, but my skills are pretty well non-existant. I too would definately donate for a C64 emulator. Coders, here our plea :o

han
September 7th, 2005, 12:17
I will go so far as to offer up front (given to the webmaster of this site if he agrees and accepts responsibility to pass it on towards the developer) $100 USD as an initial donation to the port of Vice64 to the PSP. If others did also similar donations we could tempt some one to do this.

jambox
September 7th, 2005, 15:44
what's the difference between the c64, amiga, and atari st?

Mr.Modem
September 7th, 2005, 18:26
Amiga, C64 and Atari ST are totally different systems. Both Amiga and Atari are 16 bits computers using Motorola 68000 processors. The Ataris cpu is a little bit faster but Amiga have many custom chips and is therefor superior. Amiga can display 32 colours (4 096 colour with the special HAM mode) and Atari ST 16. Amiga have a soundchip called Paula that was able to play digital samples on 4 channels. Atari ST have a Yamaha YM2149 sounchip wich played synthezised sounds. C64 is an 8 bits computer wich was released in 1982. It was a very good computer at the time with a graphics chip called VIC that could display 16 colours and 8 sprites. It had a very nice soundchip called SID wich played synthezised sounds. Fore more information, consult wikipedia.

jambox
September 7th, 2005, 20:30
Thanks for the info. I had always assumed that they were pretty similar.