PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Running Emu

sad_muso
August 18th, 2005, 12:55
Hey,

What emulators work at full speed, with sound?

I tried SNES, but the framrate/speed just seemed too shoddy to be worth playing. Master System however, works great for me.

I don't really want to play game on the DC unless they are at speed with sound, what other emulated systems run great?

Thanks,

sad_muso

nothingman
August 18th, 2005, 15:58
I known that nester is one of the best nes emulators around and ive never had any slowdown problems, im not sure about any others as im fairly new to the emulating world but i think mame is ok too.
Theres is a thread that discusses the best emulators to use, try using the forum search.

Darksaviour69
August 18th, 2005, 19:32
neoCd or neo4all are both very good

SNES - It's a matter of personal preference between DreamSNES 0.9.8 and Super Famicast v2. You can get SBI's of both over at Sbiffy!com and put them both on the same disc.
NES - Nester, hands down. If you use the SBI version, I recommend using version 6.0. You can, however, put both v6.0 and v7.1 on the same disc with SBInducer. If you want to try out the light gun, you'll have to use 7.1+
GB - Everybody seems to say that DCgnuboy is the best GB/GBC emu. I've heard one or two say that boob!boy is almost as good, but I've never actually tried boob!boy, myself.
Genesis - right now, GenPlus preview 3 is the best Gen emu we have. The SBI file for that is called Genplus3_bO.sbi
Master System - SMSPlus and SMEG are both very nice emus
stolen from an old post by curt_grymala

Coagulus
August 19th, 2005, 08:58
On the computer front, try DCSpeccyalK, DCFrodo and Atari800DC - they all work great. Also DCCaSTaway is supposed to be damn good too but I've yet to try it!