PDA

View Full Version : ITouch Help

splodger15
March 1st, 2008, 11:14
I curently own a ITouch 8GB and have never really been interested in Jailbreaking it until now I have a few questions:

1. What do you gain from Jailbreaking

2. Can Apple destroy my Ipod :rofl:

3. Is the risk worth it in the long run

lmtlmt
March 1st, 2008, 12:37
1. stuff

2. meh probably

3. yes, well depends really...

the_eternal_dark
March 1st, 2008, 13:00
1. Emulators and other cool shit.

2. No.

3. Definitely. SNES anyone?

Triv1um
March 1st, 2008, 13:08
Well apple bricked the iphones that tried to update, and force people to update to the newest to unbrick.

But yes, jailbreak it.

-Xandu-
March 1st, 2008, 13:18
Well apple bricked the iphones that tried to update, and force people to update to the newest to unbrick.

But yes, jailbreak it.

Um, no?

Jailbreak away, you'll get tons of themes, apps, games and emulators. And yeah it's safe.

Man
March 1st, 2008, 13:57
Jailbreak it, its almost impossible to "brick", only because its easy to fix if it does, iv never had any problems. Its well worth it.

splodger15
March 1st, 2008, 14:17
I do it then out of interest I have a 1.1.3 version Touch can this still be jailbroken or does it not matter

the_eternal_dark
March 1st, 2008, 14:54
I do it then out of interest I have a 1.1.3 version Touch can this still be jailbroken or does it not matter

Yes, it can.

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/iphone-113-jailbreak-released

1.1.4 jailbreak is available on the Apple News forums here at the dcemu.

splodger15
March 1st, 2008, 16:52
Damm this shit is hard I went to 1.1.4 on my Touch and downloaded Ziphone and clicked on Jailbreak it says that if the process takes longer then 3 mins that something is wrong its been 10mins at the moment all I have on my touch screen is white text and the last line of it is "Spamming AT, waiting for a response"

Accordion
March 1st, 2008, 19:24
well, it would of been better to wait until after the SDK is released and applications are being released.

SNES, GBA, NES, PS1 are incomparable to the PSP equivalents. I would wait and see how the official delivery method shapes up before attempting to jailbreak.

As far as i know, you can always downgrade firmwares in the future , if you have copy of that which you want and use the restore function through itunes holding the option key when choosing to download the firmware..

splodger15
March 1st, 2008, 19:39
I heard that Apple are going to be deciding on what 3rd party apps will make it to Itunes

Accordion
March 1st, 2008, 21:00
most likely.

But other than superficial themes and icons, there arent many apps that offer any use to the majority of people.

all the emulators play better with real controls on the PSP.

I'm not really saying dont ever jailbreak, but it might be best to wait until the official delivery system is in full swing.
there is also a chance that some developers might prefer to receive some money…

the_eternal_dark
March 2nd, 2008, 19:11
well, it would of been better to wait until after the SDK is released and applications are being released.

SNES, GBA, NES, PS1 are incomparable to the PSP equivalents. I would wait and see how the official delivery method shapes up before attempting to jailbreak.

As far as i know, you can always downgrade firmwares in the future , if you have copy of that which you want and use the restore function through itunes holding the option key when choosing to download the firmware..

Why wait? If you can reset your iPhone/iPod Touch, I say jailbreak and experience it for yourself, then if you want to later on, just update to try out the official sdk stuff.

splodger15
March 2nd, 2008, 19:36
Yep I jailbreaked and got all the apps that Apple I trying to charge for , for free

Accordion
March 2nd, 2008, 20:58
Yep I jailbreaked and got all the apps that Apple I trying to charge for , for free

…well that is illegal.

Man
March 3rd, 2008, 03:30
…well that is illegal.

BAHH!!! it may be illegal, but they are giving them away to new ipod touch buyers ? ya, im sorry but i feel no remorse, whatsoever, not even a little.

Jobs: Hey! lets give new ipod touch owners new apps for free !
Employee: What about early adopters?
Jobs: we´ll charge em 20$ !!!
Employee: wont that make them mad ?
Jobs: P**S on em MUHAHAHAHA

the_eternal_dark
March 3rd, 2008, 19:44
…well that is illegal.

90% - 97% of the users on this site do SOMETHING illegal (some MAY claim otherwise, but we see your ISO folders). I personally feel it is illegal for Apple to lock their iPods/iPhones to iTunes. I also feel it is illegal for them to drop in your personal info onto each song you have in iTunes. And finally, early adopter lockouts. Why shoot your first fans and serve your latest fans? That doesn't really make sense for them to do that, does it?

It all comes down to morals. splodger15, Man, and I don't have them for those above said reasons. Morality is shit in today's world.

I don't see how getting a little something for free is going to kill off a company the size of Apple. Kinda like downloading mp3's, the artists still make shit loads of money from concerts and record deals and marketing, not usually from the sales of records (that money usually goes back to the studios, managers, etc). All in all, who are we hurting here? I don't see any of these big companies laying off people any time soon because of it or big time rap stars going out and saying "Because you all pirated my music, I'm now bankrupt."

Stupid people outnumber the intelligent, and so they will believe that the RIAA/MPAA will come get them for downloading a few things. Those people will continue to purchase their wares, thus fueling the market for growth, because of the shear numbers of people who are ignorant of other ways to get what they want.