PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Tenchi No Mon Web Browser

migsgiz
August 18th, 2005, 22:11
Can Anybody Help Me With This, I Need Step By Step It Go As Far As Hold On To Your Hat

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 22:33
follow instructions provided, but instead of putting it in mp_root, put it in psp root dir

migsgiz
August 18th, 2005, 22:49
Thk Alot, Ill Try It Now, If I Need Help Can I Ask U Again? :(

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 22:56
yes, of course, that what this forum about :D

migsgiz
August 18th, 2005, 23:10
Ok Did As U Told Me Got The Following! A Black Screen With Txt On It It Says > Tenchi No Mon Brower Loader V0.1 By Fuchi <
Loading Modules From Fatms:/ Brw_game/osrdir/browser/module/
Booting Fatms:/brw_game/usdir/browser/pspbrowser.prx
Hold Onto Your Hats. . .

P.s. Ihave A Jap 1.00 Psp With 1gb. Could That Be The Problem, I Converted Eboot From 1.50 To 1.00

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 23:26
in that browser there is a eboot in it, just don't use the 1.5 meant folder

migsgiz
August 19th, 2005, 00:20
edit BRW_GAME/USRDIR/BROWSER/index.html to make your own portal

WHAT DO THAT MEAN(INDEX.HTML TO MAKE UR OWN PORTAL)
IDID AS U TOLD ME, THK U ANYWAY SORRY TO TAKE UR TIME

migsgiz
August 19th, 2005, 00:37
How Do I Make My Own Portal I Think That The Bloblem? Icould Be Worng

xuphorz
August 19th, 2005, 00:54
portals don't matter, the deafult one has google and stuff, don't change it

parabolee
August 19th, 2005, 01:43
Unless of course you want to add your own links to save time from typing in Google.

Other things you need to know -

You should have a folder in root called "BRW" and two in PSP/GAME called "BRW" and "BRW%". I think.

When using software keyboard press SELECT untill alphabet comes up amd then select again because it acts funny if you use the large version of the letters.

There is no back button but you can press Triangle and then Circle to go back to portal.

I made a small guide on how to select your WiFi settings and get it going once you have it installed correctly, do a SEARCH for "WEB BROWSER FOR 1.50" It has more tips you might want to read.

parabolee
August 19th, 2005, 01:56
Link to thread about this and guide for connecting -

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8401&page=5&pp=10&highlight=browser+1.50

PSP_Newbie
August 19th, 2005, 02:31
and btw, i heard that this might only run on a 1.5 and not 1.0, though u might wanna get that confirmed....

migsgiz
August 19th, 2005, 03:12
thk guys for your help!

JasonG
August 22nd, 2005, 20:51
I followed the directions and I get the "hold on to your hats..." screen and then I get an error that says "The game could not be started". I have gone back and deleted everything and went through the directions again and still have the same problem. I have a 1.5 psp and I can get emulators to run fine but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the Tenchi browser at all.

parabolee
August 23rd, 2005, 15:52
I had that problem, the way I fixed it was to use SEI to convert the EBOOT to a 1.50 EBOOT. The one pre converted does not seem to work.

JasonG
August 23rd, 2005, 16:45
I had that problem, the way I fixed it was to use SEI to convert the EBOOT to a 1.50 EBOOT. The one pre converted does not seem to work.

i thought about that. The file I downloaded has 3 different eboots though. Do I convert all of them or just the one that sits in the root folder? Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

parabolee
August 23rd, 2005, 17:43
Just the one in the root folder, worked for me :)

JasonG
August 23rd, 2005, 18:15
Just the one in the root folder, worked for me :)

Hmmm...I will get the latest SEI tool and try to just do the one in the root folder when I get home from work. The one I got this morning kept telling me the file was invalid.

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 02:52
I tried this and it didn't work. I got SEI Tool 0.5C and I don't see an option for converting 1.0 to 1.5 just an option for coverting 1.5 to 1.0. There is the generate option that creates two eboots but that doesn't work. I'm retarded and don't know what to do.

parabolee
August 24th, 2005, 03:06
Select the EBOOT (say file only) and then select CONVERT and it will ask for which version (1.00 or 1.50), when you select 1.50 it will convert it.

Then copy the rest of the files into the main folder (except the EBOOT) and you should be good to go.

Also make sure you have the DRW folder in the root.

Let me know if you still have problems and tomorrow I'll just send it to you all set up.

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 03:17
Maybe I'm using the wrong tool. I only have these options: Export Eboot, List Manager, Corrupted Icons, and Convert 1.5 to 1.0. The Export will only let me make two files and creates two folders on the PSP. The convert option will not allow me to just pick one file and convert it and when you hit convert it does not ask me for which version I want to convert to.

parabolee
August 24th, 2005, 04:41
Yes you need to use EXPORT and select the single EBOOT in the root. Then export to 1.50 and it will make the two folders. That will be correct. (BRW & BRW%)

Then make sure you have the BRW_GAME folder in your card root.

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 04:59
I still can't get it to work. The broswer I downloaded was the one I saw that you had linked. It has a BRW_GAME folder, a BRW folder and a BRW% folder. There are 3 eboots in the file. One is not in any folder and there is one each in the BRW and BRW% folder. If I put all those on the PSP I get the music and the screen showing on the memory stick but after the "hold on to your hats..." it gives me the "Game could not be started" message. If I take the eboot that is not in a folder and use the SEI tool to export it to 1.5, creating the BRW and BRW% folders, and go to the memory stick I get no logo, no music but I still get the "hold on to your hats..." and it fails again. I have tried all kinds of variations with those files and it still won't work. I'm sure it's something really easy since so many people can get it to work but I can't seem to find it.

parabolee
August 24th, 2005, 14:55
Check your PM's

We'll figure this out :)

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 16:03
Email sent. Thanks.

parabolee
August 24th, 2005, 16:26
Didn't get it yet??!?

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 18:33
Man, I have been having problems with that email adress lately. I'm sure it's just running slow. I will use a different email.

parabolee
August 24th, 2005, 19:29
Yeah do that, because I still havn't got an Email from you.

JasonG
August 24th, 2005, 20:23
This is wierd. I just sent you two from two different email addresses. I did a test from it to my work email to see if it went through and it did. I copied and pasted your email from the PM maybe it's entered wrong?

JasonG
August 25th, 2005, 02:44
The one you sent me did the same thing. I don't get it.

reveal_all
August 30th, 2005, 22:36
guys how do u change the language so that its not in jap but english

thanks

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 23:07
guys how do u change the language so that its not in jap but english

thanks

assuming you mean for the keyboard. you have to push select a few times EVERY FREAKING TIME!

reveal_all
August 30th, 2005, 23:15
how do u mean push select which one is select ?

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 23:20
er.. the select button?

molster
September 6th, 2005, 02:21
Ok i have Ver 1.5, i get my conneciton working fine, i got to start the browser, and it locks up at "hold on to your hats"

here is how i placed my items

<MP_root>
[BRW_GAME]
(USRDIR)
{BROWSER}
~imgs~
~sounds~
~mstick~
~modules~
-all the files blah blah

<PSP>
[GAME]
(BRW) - all the files in there
(BRW%) - all files in there

everythings looks likes its in the right place... why does it freeze there!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? PLZ help, youll be the coolest perosn EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

parabolee
September 6th, 2005, 15:57
Well that is the correct set up.

I think you may need to convert the sinlge EBOOT to 1.50. Thats what most of us did to get it to work.

It seems the pre converted 1.50 EBOOT's are messed up. Convert the EBOOT in the ROOT to 1.50 and then copy that into the BRW directories along with all the other files.

PM if you need more help.