PDA

View Full Version : dcstella 0.2F wont work

sonicboy
July 13th, 2004, 03:54
Hello guys, here's my problem.

Yesterday, i burnt the atari emulator dcstella 0.2f with selfboot inducer. But when i start the emu, i hear my dreamcast reading the disc, and then stops. The only thing i see is a black screen. When i press A, my dc starts again reading and i see somme missed up graphics on top of the screen and an anoying beep.
I also see sort of menu, with missed up graphs.
So what did i do wrong?
I have about 666 roms in the 2600 directory with original names. I made this disx with sbi 4

thx

Eric
July 13th, 2004, 06:33
well if the screen is flashing i dont know if it is in 60htz could be that or you might have burned at a faster speed or it could be something else that the owners could help you out with i remember having the same problem way back with colecovision only reason was cause i converted from cditonero and it wouldnt work with nero it had to be done in disc juggler

curt_grymala
July 13th, 2004, 07:40
Your problem is that you are hitting Start. If you hit Start while you are in the DreamInducer menu, you will get the "Black Screen of Death". In order to select an item from the DreamInducer menu, you must press "A".

Eric
July 13th, 2004, 07:50
okay i am very stupid i didnt read in your post that you were using selfboot inducer but curt is right man that used to pee me off aswell i start up my homebrew disk used of course by SBI (selfboot inducer) and guess what i do and guess what happens anyways whocares now we all know not to press the start button lol

Eric

sonicboy
July 13th, 2004, 13:59
thx for your help, but it has solved. I don't press start but the A-buttton. Everything else works fine. Except for stella, a black screen and some missed up graphics. Maybe i should try another version (E?).
BTW, i live in europe so i have a pal dc and tv. I don't think it makes any difference. Or is there a version of stella for Pal and NTSC?

grts,

weirdocollector
October 26th, 2005, 17:09
thx for your help, but it has solved. I don't press start but the A-buttton. Everything else works fine. Except for stella, a black screen and some missed up graphics. Maybe i should try another version (E?).
BTW, i live in europe so i have a pal dc and tv. I don't think it makes any difference. Or is there a version of stella for Pal and NTSC?

grts,

Hi,

How did you solved this ?

I've got the very same problem with DCstella.

Has it something to do with a maxiumum number of roms burned in the CD ?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.