PDA

View Full Version : PSP bricked?

Crxlancer
March 3rd, 2008, 12:49
I have a darth vader psp with CFW 3.80 M33-5. last night i was playing gangs of london from my memory stick. it was playing fine. i had to leave the house for an hour, so i paused the game and left my PSP on my desk. when i came back, my PSP was off. now when i try to turn it on, the green light turns on for one second then turns off. no screen flicker or anything. it had 90% battery remaining when i left it. i have tried taking the battery out and running it off AC power. i have tried booting into the recovery menu. nothing i have tried so far has given me any luck. does anyone know what my problem could be?

technomike
March 3rd, 2008, 14:45
I made my PSP do this intentionally once, so I may be able to help. You should have a pandora battery for this to happen. :D

Make sure you have the same memory stick inside, because if you have a different one inserted, it can't load the pandora IPL/bootloader which you will have installed when you Pandora'd your PSP to M33 firmware.

If that is still unsuccessful, Try taking the battery out completely, and running off A/C power, and try to access the Recovery Menu this way. This should definetly work.

If none of this works, let me know if it's a Slim or an original PSP 'fat'. Also, if you do have access to a Pandora battery, or if your battery is indeed pandora and you still have the loader installed, just use that to reinstall your firmware. Everything should be fine then.

The thing that is wierd however, is that you was only playing games on it then you only left it for an hour and when you came back it was messed up. In my case, I bricked my PSP to try a pandora installer on it.

Questions: Did you leave your PSP paused on the game while you were out? Was it in sleep mode or was it actually still on the game and turned on? Did it run out of power? What did you do before you played Gangs Of London? Any Firmware modding or flashes?

I'm not suggesting you're lieing, but if you did do anything else please tell, because it can be helpful to know exactly what you did. :thumbup:

Crxlancer
March 3rd, 2008, 20:37
I dont have access to a pandora, someone did the modding for me. but as for your question, yes i did leave my PSP on when i paused the game. i didnt put it on sleep mode. it was still running. before i played gangs of london, i had just bought a new 8 GB memory stick, and had put a bunch of games on it. i didnt mess with the firmware. when i started the game, i had 90% battery life left, and the estimated running time left was i think 5 hours.

Crxlancer
March 4th, 2008, 04:02
OK, i brought it to a professional PSP modder. he says i have a blown motherboard. ****ing wonderful. any suggestions now? how much will a replacement board run me? should i just get a whole new PSP?

Crxlancer
March 4th, 2008, 19:55
screw it. im selling my PSP for $50 and im buying a bag of weed.

Xone Brathe
March 8th, 2008, 06:37
CRAP!!! I have the same problem!!! GAAARG!!!

Well If someone doesn't answer to his post about the expenses of replacement, I guess I'll post a new one tomarrow. Funny the same thing happened to my old computer. DAMN YOU E-MACHINES!!!

Wally
March 9th, 2008, 01:56
OK, i brought it to a professional PSP modder. he says i have a blown motherboard. ****ing wonderful. any suggestions now? how much will a replacement board run me? should i just get a whole new PSP?

Professional my ass.

It just bricked somehow, use pandora to recover. You'll need to send it to one of the pandora people, just postage fees.

Xone Brathe
March 9th, 2008, 21:23
Are you talking about pandora battery or Magic Memory Stick? Don't I need to be able to go into recovery mode for pandora or can I use someone elses PSP?

Oh and I'll guess I might be taking this dude's thread since he's off getting high somewhere.