PDA

View Full Version : PSPReader Trouble

burn123
August 19th, 2005, 05:13
I downloaded PSPReader for my ebook viewing and i couldnt find out how to get it to work. once downloaded, what folder of your psp do you place it in if there is a specific place for it? and where do you put the things you want to read, do you put them in the actual folder with the eboot.pbp or do you make a separate file or what. plz help thx

PS. Does any1 know the average size of say... a 200 page ebook.

xuphorz
August 19th, 2005, 05:17
can't help u on first part, but i can on the ps

oliver twist is ~800kb, and that's a large book. i don't think you need to worry about it

burn123
August 19th, 2005, 05:24
k, wow, thats great. i dont have any worries about that then.

before i tried using those programes that converted ebooks into jpeg images and the files were pretty large so i stopped using them.

yeah, i still need help so any help or advice given is appreciated. thx

Psilocybeing
August 19th, 2005, 12:27
PSPReader is a text file reader, and will read any text file from anywhere on your MS. Just put the books into your directory, and boot it up :)

burn123
August 20th, 2005, 00:19
k, when i downloaded and extracted PSPReader it came in a file named PSPReader containing an eboot.pbp and a folder labeled saves. I assumed Saves was for the stuff you want to read so i downloaded a dictionary for the psp and put the file in the saves folder. I then put the whole pspreader folder under PSP/Games, where i put emulators. When i go to my psp it siplays an icon for PSPReader but when i try to play it it says The game could not be started. (80020001) Does any1 know why this happens

bill00000
August 23rd, 2005, 07:18
Maybe read some of the general FAQs on getting homebrew to run on your PSP You're going to have to use kxploit or Sei's tool to get it running. Once you get it running, you can put the text files anywhere. The saves folder is for saving where you were reading when you exit the app.

Psilocybeing
August 23rd, 2005, 10:36
k, when i downloaded and extracted PSPReader it came in a file named PSPReader containing an eboot.pbp and a folder labeled saves. I assumed Saves was for the stuff you want to read so i downloaded a dictionary for the psp and put the file in the saves folder. I then put the whole pspreader folder under PSP/Games, where i put emulators. When i go to my psp it siplays an icon for PSPReader but when i try to play it it says The game could not be started. (80020001) Does any1 know why this happens

If you have used the method to remove the corrupt file from the list for the reader, then remove the extra ending on the directory that was added to(it should have ________1 or something on the end). For some reason a few apps, like ScummVM, Bochs, and PSPReader don't like it when you use this workaround.