PDA

View Full Version : how do i burn dc games ive downloaded

bobafett
July 7th, 2004, 13:37
i have downloaded from the site, and the files are winzip and winrar, as i am completely thick, can somebody help me . ive tried allsorts, but am not that well up on pcs really, i need a simpletons guide, step by step, please help me

Ken34
July 7th, 2004, 16:19
exactly which games are we talkin here?

homebrew or commercial?

Christuserloeser
July 7th, 2004, 16:34
www.sbiffy.com - get Selfboot Inducer v4 with it's on-screen-manual.

Just place what you've downloaded (unzipped) in the Inducer directory and choose your burning application:

NRG (Nero5.5) Track-At-Once or Disc-At-Once
or
CDI (DiscJuggler, Alcohol120%) Track-At-Once

You can also convert CDI to NRG using CDI2Nero:

www.dcevolution.net

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=cdi2nero.exe

If you have any more questions please post them and we'll see what we can do.

Chris

ace
July 7th, 2004, 17:04
It helps to tell us what exactly you've downloaded, that way we can link you to specific tutorials.

Darksaviour69
July 7th, 2004, 18:46

www.dcevolution.net

Cdi2nero.exe comes with inducer, its in the tools folder

curt_grymala
July 7th, 2004, 18:52

Just place what you've downloaded (unzipped) in the Inducer directory and choose your burning application:

or

www.dcevolution.net

Chris

And don't forget about CDRecord. Selfboot Inducer not only allows you to create NRG and CDI images; it also comes with a freeware burning program called CDRecord, that will burn the disc for you, if you choose.

Ken34
July 7th, 2004, 22:59

or

www.dcevolution.net

Chris

thats all good stuff, but i have a question.
I tried to the SBI and demo menu and made a game disc(multisession) and when i load demo menu then i swap out and put in my game disc, when I try to load a game, example, "whatever".bin , it diesnt load anything, the screen goes black and nothing happens, i wanted to play all of those cool homebew games i got, what do u think went wrong?

guymelef
July 7th, 2004, 23:57
and don't forget that I hope you select the "burn image" option in which-ever burning program you use. and good luck with the homebrews

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 00:32
ive downloaded neo cd emu, kung fu master from this site, and a few of jeffmas stuff, propelar arena etc, but some r torrent files???
all this zip,rar, torrent, bin, nrg stuff really confuses me, i have nero and alcohol 120%
i just want to be able to play the stuff i download, its very frustrating ???

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 01:16
got the selfboot inducer, tried to use it but nothing working, closet i got was sbiffy screen with a dc console with a banna on it? no game. ive played with the stuff ive downloaded, but cant seem to get the files into the sbi box. all i want to do is play the gradius 3 i downloaded, im gutted, i bloody hate pcs

quzar
July 8th, 2004, 04:01
sorry but those are commercial game warez, or at least propeller arena is, and that stuff is not to be talked about on this site.

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 07:03
what do you mean? comercial? im still no closer to getting these emus to work

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 07:11
sorry to keep bangin on about it, but im tying stuff you say in this forum and not getting any joy. i really want that neo geo cd emu and cant get it to copy. wasted loads of discs trying???

ace
July 8th, 2004, 08:19
We can't help you with anything other than the Neo Geo emulator, because Propellor Arena is warez, and I will assume anything else off of torrnets is too.

Eric
July 8th, 2004, 08:24
well i can help out with the neo geo cd first of all you need the neo geo bios which is not available from the dcemu sites cause it is illegal copyrighted software but i can tell you what neo geo bios you will need its 512k anything under that wont work also on Ians site the creator of the emu he has a selfboot program that will make it easy for you to make it a nrg file which is a Nero Burning Image so if you have Nero and you have downloaded an .nrg file double click on it and a window will show up i think something should say next or burn at the bottom of the screen click that and it will burn if you need help setting up and making emulation selfboots there is plenty of help files and sites around to guide you through.

Sites:

www.dcemulation.com

http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/ (for the Neo Geo CD)

i think that will help you out but this is probably bound to be locked or one of the ops will help you out

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 08:43
went to ians site and downloaded source and bin. cant find bios ( which im not sure about) for neo cd emu

Eric
July 8th, 2004, 08:50
there is one but i unfortunitly again that is something i cant give away cause its copyrighted and it is needed for the emu sorry

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 09:25
looks like i will have to give up, why cant it be simple, see the game you want, download it, burn it, play it. doing my head in, thanks to everyone who has given me advice, but all this bios winrar, nrg stuff has frazzled my brain, looks like ill have to stick to the collection of games i already got,
dreamcast= best console ever, long may it live

bobafett
July 8th, 2004, 09:48
ok, what about the single game downloads? ive downloaded kungfu master and gradius 3 from this site, whats the most simplistic way for me to put them on a cd that will work in my dc console?

Darksaviour69
July 8th, 2004, 11:30
ok heres is the problem the , emulatiors (ie neo cd and the single emus ) are all legal, so we can help u with that.

but the Neo geo bios (with u need to use the emu) we can not give u can that would be ilegal, there are loads of sites that let u download it, but thats ilegal, so we can't give u links to any of these sites,
but as Eric said the bios is about 512k in size (0.5 MB) so u know what you are looking for.

as for the single game downloads, these a emus that only play one game, u will have to get the roms yourself.

its is hard to understand when u r new to it, but theses are all legal problems, we will try and help u the best we can.

but i suggest that u try some homebrew games, no legal problems with them.

btw winrar is like winzip, and a .nrg is a CD image that can be used with Nero burner.

if your still lost, no problem, first tell us what CD burning software do u have, i.e Nero, diskjuggler or other?

Christuserloeser
July 8th, 2004, 18:57
I tried to the SBI and demo menu and made a game disc(multisession) and when i load demo menu then i swap out and put in my game disc, when I try to load a game, example, "whatever".bin , it diesnt load anything, the screen goes black and nothing happens, i wanted to play all of those cool homebew games i got, what do u think went wrong?

I can't exactly follow you, maybe because I've never used DemoMenu.

Why not stick to SBInducer for all your games and emus and burn your discs as closed sessions - or use a single CD for DemoMenu, or use a BootDisc...

@curtiss: I forget about CDRecord (a great freeware program) because I can't use it at all.
I believe I am not the only one that's why I hate the Nero6 problem so much.

@bobafett: Sorry if I was too fast. Let's try it again, but first: "Commercial" games are commercially released or copyrighted games ;)
Propeller Arena is somewhat in a grey area as it never was released but still is copyrighted, that's why we won't discuss it either.
The NeoCD Bios is legal to own if you own a NeoGeoCD, a link can't be given due to legality issues.

If you download anything, you'll only need the CDI (DiscJuggler format, burnable with Alcohol too and convertable to NRG with CDI2Nero.exe), BIN or the SBI Distibutions, no source codes as they are meant for programmers.
SBIs are unscrambled, zipped BINs for use with DreamInducer, the program that SBInducer uses to get different games, emus and apps on one disc.

SBIs can be burned with SelfBootInducer v4 available at www.sbiffy.com - Please give it a try, it's a great and easy to use program. Please report back which burning prog (Nero etc) you've used and which game, emu or app you've tried to burn.

Chris

quzar
July 8th, 2004, 19:11
Propeller Arena is somewhat in a grey area as it never was released but still is copyrighted, that's why we won't discuss it either.

I hate to sound like Kron but... its not a grey area. Just because it is not technically a commercial release dosnt mean that it isnt warez and illegal.

@boba: For almost all the single game arcade emulators you will need Mame .36 version roms, which differ from roms for more current versions of mame, just so you know.

curt_grymala
July 8th, 2004, 19:17
I hate to sound like Kron but... its not a grey area. Just because it is not technically a commercial release dosnt mean that it isnt warez and illegal.

I had heard that the person who released it actually bought the copyright to the game. It is very possible that I am misinformed, but that's what I had heard. If that is the case, then it is a gray area.

Christuserloeser
July 8th, 2004, 21:08
I had heard that the person who released it actually bought the copyright to the game. *It is very possible that I am misinformed, but that's what I had heard. *If that is the case, then it is a gray area.

Would be nice but I don't think he's brought any copyrights :(
All that I know is that he had brought the game from some SEGA employee and paid 5000 $ for an GD-R containing a beta version. Then he gave it someone to dump the game and wanted to sell boxed and labeled copies of it for 20 $ each and took preorders, but the person who dumped it, leaked it and spreaded it across the net. But then again, it this whole story could be a hoax to make some money.

...mmh, let's get back on topic, won't we ? ;)

guymelef
July 8th, 2004, 22:35
as anyone noticed that as the emu scene gets bigger, people get dumber.

or should I say that newbies are afraid to read the readme files and patiently think about things as well as talking to their friends IRL. I remember messing with some of the earlier GB emus for hours because there was no GUI. only a debug menu that reminded me of the old freeware MOD sound makers. it was a little difficult at first but I am a better man for it.

I am not dissin' people for asking for help, just dissin' them for giving up free thinking.

guymelef
July 8th, 2004, 22:37
and also the language barrier (as well as bad typing) is a constant pain in the @$$, when it comes to asking for help or trying to give help

bobafett
July 9th, 2004, 09:04
maybe some people are not able to spend massive amounts of time on thier pcs trying to figure out stuff, ill leave that to the guys who think they are hardcore. we live in a society where everybody wants something right now, but believe me, i have spent hours and hours trying to sort my problems out, and still i cant get any games to work!!!

Christuserloeser
July 9th, 2004, 11:42
Mmh, did you try what we've suggested?

bobafett
July 10th, 2004, 11:38
sure did, but ive unzipped, unpacked that many different files and moved them from one place to another, ive totally messed it up

curt_grymala
July 10th, 2004, 16:00
OK. Here's my suggestion:

Delete basically everything you have already downloaded, and start fresh again.

Go to http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/Sbindv4_Tut.shtml and follow that tutorial step-by-step.

guymelef
July 10th, 2004, 23:29
but still the questions. what are you downloading, what are you trying to burn, any roms included, what is your computer, drives, software. does your DC have any read problems?

Eric
July 11th, 2004, 03:08
some files you do download dont include the IP.bin so that is another thing that you may have to watch out for if you find that put it in the main directory with the 1ST_READ.bin and other such files associated with the emulator,homebrew etc. that may help you out many people are talking about the sbi program i dont use that sorry i use the selfboot which works fine for me i recommend that but if other people are suggesting the sbi program i am sure that works great aswell

gothkid1
January 3rd, 2008, 23:38
I have downloaded a assortment of snes rom such as dragonballz rpg, super boutden, hyper dimension, and so on i have at least 100+ games i need a program to burn them and a program for a boot disc for my dreamcast can anyone help me last time i checked i needed discjuggler. thanks

Maturion
January 4th, 2008, 16:02
This thread is quite 4 years old. Make a new one.