PDA

View Full Version : Sony replacement

kennyk
March 4th, 2008, 03:19
I just got a psp a month ago, and updated the firmware to the latest from darkalex. 2 weeks after getting it, the screen started to fabe black from the right side of the screen to the left, until the screen was off.

Am I going to have problems getting it replaced since I changed the firmware?
Thanks for any help

Axelius
March 4th, 2008, 12:32
Hmm, as you haven't changed anything in the hardware by upgrading to custom firmware, you should be fine. But probably they will put the recent official firmware on it. With pandora however this is no problem :D

kennyk
March 5th, 2008, 00:16
Ah, thanks Axelius. :) I was worried I was stuck with a messed up PSP.

Wally
March 5th, 2008, 01:08
If you really want to, you could replace the screen yourself. Save the time waiting for sony.

iT is an good idea to put the official firmware on so sony do repair the product other than growl at custom firmware

Axelius
March 6th, 2008, 13:31
iT is an good idea to put the official firmware on so sony do repair the product other than growl at custom firmware
I was about to advise this too. But how to update a psp without a working screen??

Okay, you could try to do it blind, but I guess this would be pretty hard...

Accordion
March 6th, 2008, 14:56
cant the service mode battery update to official 3.80?
I think you only need one button press, so it might be doable.

Of course without seeing the result there is no way of knowing what you have done.
It is also likely that you may receive a replacement instead of having it repaired, in which case it wouldn't be a problem.