PDA

View Full Version : ROM Transfer Software

GanjaBlood
March 4th, 2008, 20:28
Hi,

I have a CycloDS, my mother has an M3. I moved out years ago and visit regularly.

But, whenever I visit she's always after my games...

What would be great is a simple application to share roms through inbuilt WIFI?

I have searched around and found FTP programs etc, but I would like to keep this as simple as possible...

Any ideas?

acn010
March 4th, 2008, 20:30
theres non..... i guess

Rocksil
March 4th, 2008, 20:37
y not just take out da memory cards and connect them to da closet computer and transfer games like dat?? or is it not possible

GanjaBlood
March 4th, 2008, 20:45
I could take my lappy and transfer them...

Just trying to make things simple for the parents! :p

DanTheManMS
March 4th, 2008, 22:47
There is a primitive library to transfer data directly from one DS to another via the DS's local wifi if both DS systems are homebrew-capable, and one of the example programs is a file transfer app, but it's far from easy to use from what I understand. Wifi programs that connect to wireless APs are much more robust, though even then you won't get above 30 kb/s transfer speed for the most part.

Just get her a card reader that plugs into a USB port. That's about as simple as you're going to get.

hammerhead13
March 6th, 2008, 21:14
Aren't both of the Adapters drop & Drag? IT's really isn't that difficult to plug the MicroSD in the USB Adapter and Drop the Roms from the PC to the Card. I showed my mother how to do that with a flash drive and If she can do it anyone can.