PDA

View Full Version : My PSP Problem

LilSwish722
March 5th, 2008, 00:45
My friend gave me his PSP to fix the other day, so I was messing around with it and here's what's wrong. It CAN access the recovery menu but I can't really do anything, I can access the sub-menus and mess with setting but they don't save. I try to exit the recovery menu and it freezes half way through the SCE start up screen. I tried running the recovery Eboot but it goes to a black screen and freezes till it shuts off. It does make the MS LED flicker like it's reading it but it doesn't do anything. I tried accessing it through the USB and Flash0 and all that good stuff, it registers on my computer that there is a drive, but when I click it it says "Please Inster disk into Drive G:" I tried formatting the Flash1 and it says it's formatted but it still does exactly what it did. SOOOO, I need some suggestions on fixing it. Oh, he said he was trying to install a custom theme >.<

mike_jmg
March 5th, 2008, 02:08
If he was trying to install a custom theme, then the flash0 is messed up with the edited files from the theme.

oh!, ok, you have no access to flash0

then your only option is to use pandora's battery and run despertar del cementerio v3 or v4, as it will format flash0 and install custom firmware again

(BTW tell him not to mess with flash0 if he doesn't know what he's doing, or has a pandora's battery)

ICE
March 5th, 2008, 04:34
Yeah sounds like he really screwed up the flash 0 bad. Sometimes I used to use a cfw installer in replace of the recovery eboot. You may want to try that to eliminate the possibility that the recovery eboot will only not work.

If its still a no go then Pandora sounds like your only shot.

LilSwish722
March 8th, 2008, 21:50
Ok. That's what I was thinking. Thanks guys. Also, somehow I can't get any of my MS' to format using the mspformat to create the pandora battery. It just doesn't work. Any ideas. I've followed the readme exactly. And I made one before but I gave it to a friend because he needed it worse.