PDA

View Full Version : Advice on upgrading to 3.90-2

No_one_in_particular
March 5th, 2008, 13:52
Okay, I've finally decided to upgrade from my trusty 3.52-4. Now before I do so, I'd like a few things cleared up. I won't be losing anything, correct ? Most of the "pops doesn't work anymore" comments have usually been dispelled, so all I can see is additional benefits to upgrading. Now, if I'm wrong, could you all please explain what I'll be losing ? I know IRShell compatability has fallen quite a bit, and we're now using patches to keep it working. Which is another big reason why I need advice, from reading the various releases, these patches have to be applied in a certain order (remember one saying it had to be applied whilst on 3.80) could anyone tell me which order I'd need to install them to get the best out of IRShell.

Another main reason for my decision is the 8GB support, I was initially put off updating, after reading Sony's managed to **** up their driver causing a considerable slow down on certain cards. At the moment, plugins and K-Xploit homebrew are a massive pain in the arse, which I have to put on first to get working, meaning 8GB's worth of transferring every time. I just can't be arsed with it anymore, and I'm hoping these patches will help that.

Now, I KNOW there are plenty of guides, and have read many already, but updating is still a BIG issue for me. I don't have a Pandora to fall back on (don't know anyone with custom firmware to make one) so I can't simply just go up and down when I please, so I'd like to get this right first time. Basically a step by step guide is what I'm wanting, which take into account the IRshell & 8GB patches along with the 150 Kernal (which I've never dealt with).

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I felt I should justify why I can't just read any old 3.52 to 3.90 guide. Cheers. :)

AdamRav
March 5th, 2008, 16:40
1st of all

Buy a genuine sony battery and make a pandora, you never know when it'll come in handy, trust me on this.

from what i know, 3.90 M33-2 does everything that the other firmwares do and more, like themes and Go!Messenger also Skype is added if your on the slim model.

Emualtors work, videos work, games work.

No_one_in_particular
March 6th, 2008, 09:50
I would if I could ! I don't know anyone with a hacked PSP, which is one of the requirements in creating a Pandora, right ?

Anyways, thanks for answering the first question. :)

AdamRav
March 6th, 2008, 19:03
^Didnt you say your on 3.52 M33-4 ??

If your on custom firmware then you should have no problems creating your own battery

No_one_in_particular
March 7th, 2008, 11:29
Yeh, that would be me being a complete ****ing moron. I thought you needed two PSPs with custom firmware !! I've only just worked out that you only need a mates PSP to make one, is if you're on official firmware. Silly me ! Thanks for the enlightenment !

AdamRav
March 7th, 2008, 14:02
haha, dont worry it happens to all of us