PDA

View Full Version : How many dead pixel do you have?

maqfanpsp
August 21st, 2005, 18:10
please vote :)

D-Boy
August 21st, 2005, 19:03
I have three of them and they are pretty annoying :p

Jpdeathblade
August 21st, 2005, 19:10
i got one in the middle

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 19:13
please vote :)

I got two stuck pixels. They dont bother me. I can only see them on the color black. And if I hold it at a certain angle.
If the problem was much worse it would bother me but I can live with the current situation

,Btw on a side note about the screens. I use screen protectors, Thinking that a peice of plastic was a peice of plastic, How could I go wrong?
Well one can go wrong, there seems to be a lot of different ideas from creators, what a screen protector should be. I had a nice crystal clear screen protector,on my psp it was a intec. As time went by it got scratches, as it should have because it did its job, when I figured it was time to pick up another,
I just got the first one I saw. It was a pelican screen guard, it has a feature called, glare protection, meaning the surface isnt smooth, its rather grainy.
This was somthing I didnt notice untill I had already placed it on my psp. (Bummer) Anyway to make this short, The grainy look actuelly ruins the picture quality of the psp. The once beautiful HD screen, Now look no better then an average tv quality picture :mad: I should have known, (Ive never been happy with a pelican product.) But I figured how could i go wrong with a screen protector.

In conclusion, pelican blows, Never buy a pelican product. (There the dollar genral store on sale bargen solution of home electronics):(

ps pelican sucks!!

parabolee
August 21st, 2005, 19:14
I have only one and it's barely visable.

But before you think "lucky bastard", I went through SIX! PSP's before I got one as good as this. And it also has two small imperfections in the screen so sometime and especially on white screens I can see small colour refractions (like water on the screen but very small). That's pretty annoying but I can live with it.

It's a great system but it's not the highest quality of manufacturing.

parabolee
August 21st, 2005, 19:17
Yeah I bought that POS pelican one too!

Promptly went back out and got the awesome HORI one for $4.99 from EB Games.

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 19:19
Yeah I bought that POS pelican one too!

Promptly went back out and got the awesome HORI one for $4.99 from EB Games.
I mean it competely ruins the picture quality :(

bill00000
August 22nd, 2005, 02:14
I've looked pretty close, and don't think I have any!

wraggster
August 22nd, 2005, 02:25
ive got one thats not even noticeable

PSP_Newbie
August 22nd, 2005, 04:28
hehe, :D

PSP: # of Dead Pixels
1st: 3
2nd: none
3rd: 2
4th: none
5th: 9!!!
6th: 1
I had a bad experience with psp's as u can see, but hopefully i wont need another one after this last one, my 6th, and i also still have my 4th :D

RedKing14CA
August 22nd, 2005, 06:38
psp's

1st- spiderman 2, and 6 dead pixels.... (about 20,000 when the screen went black, lol)

2nd- no spiderman umd, 3 dead pixels.... (only a 1 cm sqaure when black)

3rd- no spiderman umd, 2 dead pixels, and 3 screen imperfections (nothing when screen went black)

4th- 1 dead pixel, no spiderman umd, almost nothing when go's black

sadly i bought the pelican protectors, they SUCKED and got all bubbley when i put them on, eventually some bastards at my school pulled the 1st one off, and then my little cousin pulled the seconds off, my psp screen looks horrrible now.... so the hori one is good?

Kaiser
August 22nd, 2005, 06:41
1 in the bottom left corner and another on the top right. Neither are noticable (you got to squint real hard to see them).

leggy
August 22nd, 2005, 10:51
I have one stuck pixel and it is only noticeable when the screen is black.

It doesn't bother me at all.

p4ch3c0
August 22nd, 2005, 10:55
I have 3 stuck pixels (not sure about dead pixels...) and a big ass piece of dust in the middle of the screen.

Valiant
August 22nd, 2005, 22:24
lol! I have one, it isnt too bad, only noticible when the screen is black

lunatic12
August 23rd, 2005, 06:54
i have one in the very bottom.... not even the person at ebay games could find it he said it had no dead pixs.. then i saw it when i glance at that im oh a dead pix so hard to see very good psp

grabnak
August 25th, 2005, 20:51
I have one towards the top of my screen, but I am not returning it because it is a 1.5, lol. I only really notice it when the screen is black.

YourStillWithMe
August 25th, 2005, 20:54
I have 2 psp's Neither of them have ANY dead pixels ones a 1.5 (nice!) and the other is a 2.00 so even if this new program Yoshiro and WAB developed doesn't work, I'll be ok for a bit. Once again thanks Yoshiro and WAB!

Xarius
August 25th, 2005, 20:57
zero dead pixels, and the Hori screen protector makes a world of difference. Go get one now!

Greensprout
August 25th, 2005, 22:34
I have none.. So far so good!

Greensprout
August 25th, 2005, 22:35
2nd- no spiderman umd, 3 dead pixels.... (only a 1 cm sqaure when black)

1cm square sh!t thats big!

Solzerid
August 30th, 2005, 19:11
I think I got lucky. I can't find any.

yah_mon
August 30th, 2005, 20:37
oh nay... I was almost sure I had just 1 dead pixel! Then about a week laster i tried the dead pixel checker and I had 5 :(. Oh well, since it is imported I can really do anything about it

*o*
August 30th, 2005, 22:46
does EB games exchange PSP's with dead pixels? or should i take it out of the box to check when i pick it up tomorow?!

Plod
September 1st, 2005, 04:52
I've got two - both lit, both only visable on black.

The brighter of the two is in the bottom left hand corner, the not so bright one is left of center.

I'm going to call 'Game Rush' and see what they say, but they really aren't too bad. Could be way worse...

Plod

yah_mon
September 1st, 2005, 05:57
1cm square sh!t thats big!

I think he means 1mm square lol

groundy
September 1st, 2005, 18:57

peenee
September 2nd, 2005, 07:26
I have 2 messed up pixels in the bottom left corner but only when the screen is on and you see them smoothly change color