PDA

View Full Version : 3.90-2 reseting when put to sleep in homebrew

LordDrag0n
March 7th, 2008, 16:52
When I use the power button to put my PSP to sleep in homebrew it goes to sleep like norml but once i push it to turn the psp back on it hard resets. I have checked the recovery menu to see if the hard reset from homebrew is on and i have set it to on and off with no change. Is this norml? If so how can i change it?

I am using a PSP1001 with 3.90-2.

AdamRav
March 7th, 2008, 18:27
i think its a bug that never got fixed

dunno though

pspmodel1001
March 7th, 2008, 18:29
Mine keeps doing that to and I want to know why?:confused:
Sorry didn't see post above

LordDrag0n
March 7th, 2008, 21:53
well that sucks, i may be going back to 3.40oe then because i use my psp to read alot and that really just ruins it. if i dont exit the program first it doesn't save, plus makes reading during breaks alot more difficult.
the easy theme is nice tho

Wally
March 8th, 2008, 02:28
delete config.se from flash1 and try again :)

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 11:31
Resetting system settings to defaults in the PSP XMB does the same thing.
Format Flash 1 in the Recovery Menu does this as well.
Should always be done after a firmware upgrade anyways.

LordDrag0n
March 8th, 2008, 16:47
iv tried the formate, reseting, and manuly deleting config.se and still when i push the power button in homebrew the lil green light flickers on and off a few times then system goes to sleep. press button to resume and light flickers with nothing. next time results in a hard reset. is this in all version of m33 or just 3.90.

Echochrome is great but i prefer bookr and a working sleep mode over it for now

SoulReaver911
March 9th, 2008, 17:35
I for one have the same problem, and I tell you guys who want to give it a quick fix, like flash1 reseting, are going to be sorely disappointed. I was hoping that it will be fixed in an M33 update. Hasn't come out yet.

However, instead of downgrading so far to 3.40 Drag0n, get back to 3.80. It doesn't have this problem, and both of these firmwares are almost alike.

It's a nasty little problem, and I'm sure we would all like it fixed. But it boils down to Dark Alex. Please don't give such obvious suggestions to a problem that plagues more than one person, not that I don't appreciate the input, it's just an aggravating subject. ;)

LordDrag0n
March 9th, 2008, 18:41
However, instead of downgrading so far to 3.40 Drag0n, get back to 3.80. It doesn't have this problem, and both of these firmwares are almost alike.

The 3.80 it is :D iv been using 3.40oe sense the day it was released due to no need to upgrade and all the work i had put into my theme.
now any suggestions on whats teh fastest and easy way to downgrade? I normly just recovery to 1.50 and then go from there. I have no Pandora battery.

SoulReaver911
March 9th, 2008, 19:33
Unfortunately, if you have a fat psp, you're going have to make a pandora, which shouldn't be too hard since you already have a custom firmware on your machine. If you have a spare battery, it will be a piece of cake.

If you are on slim though, I think Time-Machine (http://dax.st/) is the way to go.

Btw, have you tried Psp Reader (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Reader-v1.1.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/415/catid/151)? It's my personal choice for reading text on my psp.

LordDrag0n
March 9th, 2008, 19:56
i am on a fat and have no spare battery or the money to get one at the moment. what i normly do every time i change my firmware is use the recovery menu to flash back to 1.50 and then upgrade from there. not to much trouble to do it really, its the downloading the OFWs on a GPRS cell phone plane that sucks. Im checkign out psp reader now. thanx for all the help