PDA

View Full Version : Ecco The Dolphin vs Marvel Vs. Capcom

ptr.exe
August 22nd, 2005, 10:13
Ecco The Dolphin (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/ecco-the-dolphin-defender-of-the-future)

vs

Marvel Vs. Capcom (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/marvel-vs-capcom)

bender
August 22nd, 2005, 12:42
Ecco, of course. I find it slow and can be really boring if you are one of those guys with little patience but it's a nice game
I had the megadrive's first Ecco and i finished it, beautiful, i loved the world it creates

kingbuzzo
August 22nd, 2005, 15:11
MvC 1 is the best in the vs series if you ask me.

Mental2k
August 22nd, 2005, 22:26
all 2d beat em ups rock

period

TyBO
August 23rd, 2005, 02:58
I prefer the SNK vs. Capcom games, but I can't vote for Ecco cause I've never played it!

ptr.exe
August 23rd, 2005, 10:09
One vote for Marvel vs. Capcom.

As M2K said, all 2D beaters rock, as long as they're capcom :p

Mental2k
August 23rd, 2005, 14:52
GGX2 is good too ptr!

beetroot bertie
August 24th, 2005, 13:45
Yep. Lovely graphics for GGX - hi-res sprites rule.

If only Capcom made the effort. It's amazing to see that the 2D fighters on PS2 and Xbox still suffer from lo-res sprites despite the obvious power of the consoles.

ptr.exe
August 25th, 2005, 18:29
Yeah, ive heard it's a pretty solid game, i may have to take a look.

when i said about capcom, i know there are other great developers out there producing high quality 2D beaters but as a rule if its made by capcom it almost always rocks.

beetroot bertie
August 26th, 2005, 13:55
Yeah, I'd tend to agree but they don't half like milking the concept dry. Just look at all the ones they did for the DC alone (especially including the Japanese matching service versions) - we've had loads!

I'm not complaining but that's an awfull lot of very similar games that havn't really advanced that much since SF2 on the SNES.

I've not played any of the SNK games though - how do they compare to the Capcom fighters?

ptr.exe
August 26th, 2005, 14:28
To be honest i havent played any SNK games in depth.

I understand what you mean, but to be fair how can they advance? if SF went 3D i would dis-own it, i hate 3D beat-em-ups, they suck.

The career mode type thing in SF3 Alpha was good, similar to Soul Caliber thing, certain situations require differant approaches.

btw, has anyone got/played Hyper Street Fighter 2 on PS2? as i wanna know if it's just me that finds this game impossibly hard. I can understand increasing difficulty as i can get through SF2 on SNES on hard easily now, but this just beats me down everytime.

Christuserloeser
August 27th, 2005, 10:59
Ecco - because it's one of the best Dreamcast games.

MvC is nice but there are like 100 other games like that on DC.

...everyone voting for MvC got a short one :D

Nikosbuddy
August 27th, 2005, 18:19
hahha! tie breaker ;) i <3 mvc :)

ptr.exe
August 30th, 2005, 11:23
Okay, im removing my vote for Marvel Vs. Capcom. :p

beetroot bertie
August 30th, 2005, 13:48
Yep I know what you mean about how far they can advance the 2D fighters. I suppose they've tweaked them constantly, added more animation frames and tinkered with all the parrying/air blocking type stuff. It'd be really nice if they could spruce up the graphics though so the main sprites weren't pixelated though - like Guilty Gear X. I thought the 3D backrounds were nice in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Capcom Vs SNK 2.

wilson
August 30th, 2005, 14:02
I don't see the point why do you have to make a match between to completely different games but hey: Ecco was made by Hungarian developers, I'm Hungarian, so it's a little bit better for me if i have to vote :) (but to be honest, i've never reached level 3 in ecco, i'm lazy and the game is extremely hard. marvel vs capcom is the best fighting game ever, especially in multiplayer!)

ptr.exe
August 30th, 2005, 23:01
The draw is a random match for the best DC game, its a knockout tournament, eventually games of differant genres would have to face each other.

You're not the first person to point it out :)

beetroot bertie
September 1st, 2005, 13:29
I like the way unusually incomparable games are facing each other off like this. It adds a certain peculiarity to it all.