PDA

View Full Version : Popsloader dies on 3.80M33-5

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 12:41
ok i've been trying this over and over for about 5 hours now but still nothing.

basically I can run PSX games without popsloader enabled with no problem at all apart from FF7, which crashes when i enter a battle. so I put on popsloader with 3.52 and 3.71 pops and when ever it is enabled the PSX games don't even launch now i just get error 80 game couldn't load.

any ideas? oh and before you ask no the holding R while the game load doesn't bring up the pops menu I can't even get past the warning message.

I've so far tried the old version of pops for 3.80m33 and i've also tried it with many other versions of pops but still nothing am i missing something?

i've got the plugin in the seplugins folder and the pop.txt has one line in it pointing to popsloader.prx

it reads ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx

so any ideas people this is really starting to get on my nerves

oh i've also got a Sony 2GB ms pro duo (real i think)

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 13:23
"pops.txt"
With this line:
ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx

I assume "pop.txt" is a typo in your post.

Make sure the plug-in is enabled in the Recovery Menu.
Part of knowing that you have the plug-in setup correctly is by seeing it displayed in the Recovery menu.

I only bring this up because it sounds like popsloader is not active because you cannot bring up the popsloader menu by holding R after starting a game.

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 13:59
well the issue is nothing load (PSX) when popsloader is enabled with it disabled the games work it just kicks me out everytime i load

and pop.txt was a typo

I heard that lexar memory sticks have trouble loading plugins do you think this might be a similar issue?

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 14:35
While Lexar's do have problems.
I don't think that the Sony memory stick is the problem.

I know that the fat driver was changed in 3.80
It caused a lot of problems with memory cards.

Reformating the card with the PSP helps in some cases.

If you dont want to format
There is a 3.71 fat driver loader mod for 3.80 and 3.90
That might help.
Patch to Load 3.71 fatmsmod on 3.80/3.90 M33 (http://www.dark-alex.org/)

Did you restore the system to defaults or Format F1 in the recovery menu after your last firmware upgrade?
(Fixes all sorts of odd problems.)

What is the exact error code?

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 14:41
its just the standard could no run code error 80010002

i tried the fatmsmod and that didn't help (improved loading)

i didn't try formatting the flash 1 i'll try that now it

it doesn't matter if i run the games folder in 1.5 or 3.8 does it? i get the same error with both and the games run in both (when popsloader disabled)

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 14:51
PS1 Games are loaded from the Game folder.
The Kernel should be set to 3.80 in the Recovery Menu.

Game is the folder where you can set the kernel version to run from in the Recovery Menu.
Game150 is always the 1.50 kernel folder
Game3.xx or Game380 in this case can be used like a Game folder.
The Game3.xx folder isn't really needed.

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 14:57
good i got that right then i was just getting confused ok formatting Flash 1 did nothing i still get the error when popsloader is active

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 17:38
80010002 (http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1499) -
Putting the POPS EBOOT in the wrong folder | Also may be a corrupt ISO

Which really doesn't make sense with what you have described.
Make sure the path to your game looks like this:
ms0:/PSP/GAME/GameNameFolder/Eboot.pbp

Try re-ripping your game from the original using CDRWIN, CloneCd or Alchohol .

You say old version of the 3.80 popsloader did you try version2?
380m33popsloader_v2

ungh... I really just guessing now...
anyone else?

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 18:09
me and you both...

ok i have just tired it with another memory stick (64 MB!) and the problems still happens.

ok pops in the plugins folder and the game is in the ms0:/PSP/GAME/GameNameFolder/Eboot.pbp

i have tired various different games some downloaded some ripped myself a made the eboots through several different guis and still nothing.

i have tried version 1 and version 2 of popsloader... i'm starting to think it 3.80m33-5 thats to fault here

oh a new error message its now 800200E5 didn't notice that change...

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 18:21
done it

i fixed by 3.80m33-5 -> Pandora -> 3.71m33 -> 3.80-m33 -> 3.80m33-4

maybe it was a glitch with version 5 or maybe it just needed nuking either way it now work :D

thanks for the help anyway

MicroNut
March 8th, 2008, 19:24
Wow.
I have one PSP that wont manually upgrade to 3.80M33 from 3.71M33 it just bricks. (I have two TA-079 v1's)
I must to use Pandora with Cementy4 to take it up to 3.80M33 for it to work at all.

Which version of Despertar del Cementerio did you use?

JONNOFURY
March 21st, 2008, 02:24
i have nearly the same problem but with version 3.71 m33. i was trying to play resident evil 3 and it froze everytime after the starting text: "this is my last escape..." so i flashed my drive and from then on couldnt bring up the pops version menu by holding R...

bacalacadaca
March 21st, 2008, 09:33
so theres no more problem?

because I'm not sure if i read right but did he/she say that the pops menu wouldn't pop up?

this happened to me too but all i did was erase the config files and other prx's that was in the se plugins folder besides the ones affiliated with pops loader