PDA

View Full Version : x64 operating systems and DC burning.

SquallStrife
March 8th, 2008, 13:31
I'm running Vista Home Premium x64 and XP Professional x64, and I have a Pioneer DVR-112 drive. I've tried a Sony DRU-800A drive, and it doesn't make any difference.

I'm having ALOT of trouble burning Dreamcast images, and I'm wondering if any of you are having the same issues, and hopefully have a solution..?

When I try to use Alcohol 120%, for any kind of image, it sometimes (most of the time) causes one of those generic Windows errors, and bombs out. It locks the drive tray, and I can only get the disk out by rebooting. It makes a coaster. On the odd occasion it does work, the process normally completes and the resulting disk is OK. This happens for CDI and NRG images.

When I try to use Bootdreams, it does the small initial burn, but then bombs out on the second burn, normally with a "fixation" related error. It scrolls past too fast for me to see it. This always results in a coaster. This happens for any image I try with bootdreams.

When I burn with Nero 5 (5.5.10.56) it normally progresses through most of the burn OK, but never succeeds in closing the disk, it always returns the error "Invalid field in parameter". Most of the time, the resulting CD is OK, and selfboots.

So, I'm making alot of coasters at the moment... and I can only put it down to the OS I'm using.

So, thoughts? Ideas?

Christuserloeser
March 8th, 2008, 13:50
Yeah, that does sound like it's caused by the OS... Hopefully someone else can help you a bit better than I can...

- Which version of BootDreams are you using btw ?

SquallStrife
March 9th, 2008, 00:20
Bootdreams 1.0.6a...

Thanks for your suggestion, might install a 32bit XP on another HDD to see what happens...

Thanks for your reply! :)