PDA

View Full Version : Found a buffer overflow.

UltimaDude
March 8th, 2008, 21:27
I've currently found a way to buffer overflow the 360 by running a messed up version of GTA San Andreas where it'll crash during loading and you cannot exit. Nothing progresses and I can't use the guide button to get back into the 360 dashboard.

I'd also like to say that Xuphorz bought me here

Video for proof:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uog-0ckRQUQ

Also, i'd be willing to rip the files and if anyone has a way to make a patch it'd help then there wouldn't be piracy issues.

ExcruciationX
March 8th, 2008, 22:37
Interesting...

Why doesn't Xuphorz come back?

xuphorz
March 9th, 2008, 00:39
Interesting...

Why doesn't Xuphorz come back?

busy with other things lately :rolleyes:

Eviltaco64
March 9th, 2008, 00:58
Try booting Surreal64 after it crashes.
I dont know if that could boot unsigned Xbox code in Xbox mode or if the emulator doesnt support it. Maybe theres a way to close the emulator and install some sort of hack.

UltimaDude
March 9th, 2008, 13:32
I need to find out what's crashing it though so it can boot unsigned code.
Which will be pretty easy after i've ripped it, if anyone has any tools it'd help.

The problem is though that I use Xbox Live and I don't really want to get banned from it, right now it isn't a problem but M$ will probably notice, this has happened since I bought my Xbox 360 in January I haven't tried the game on it since then, I thought it'd try it and it ended up

ExcruciationX
March 9th, 2008, 17:19
Hey, there you are. I'm the guy that was from DCEmu over Xbox Live, "ExcruciationX".

How would you go about running Surreal64 if you have no way to transfer it to the Xbox 360's harddisk or any other media the 360 will read, Eviltaco64?

JKKDARK
March 9th, 2008, 17:45

Yeah busy with Phantasy Star

UltimaDude
March 9th, 2008, 18:15
First I have to trigger it to launch the application during loading, probably creating a save and see if it works, considering there was no save created.

I'll probably buy XSATA after I have some money, and I will because this seems like something worth buying it for, unless someone else has a cheaper solution(Anyone?)

xuphorz
March 9th, 2008, 19:22
Yeah busy with Phantasy Star

hell no. i just spend bored time on their forums. i only play that game maybe once every 2 years now.