PDA

View Full Version : Asus spills more details on the 9-inch Eee

wraggster
March 10th, 2008, 18:34
In a recent interview, Asus CEO Jerry Shen talked up the company's newest edition to the Eee family, and also dropped a few more details on the forthcoming laptop. Apparently, the new set of miniature PCs will up the SSD capacity, with sizes ranging from 8GB in the XP-equipped model, up to 12GB or 20GB in the Linux versions -- though it's hard to say why the smaller-footprint Linux would need more drive space. Shen also revealed that there are tentative plans to release WiMAX and HSDPA-enabled models sometime in Q3 of 2008, and he confirmed that come May the company will trade up to Intel's Diamondville (er, Atom) chips. In addition, more colors are on the way, and the base price in the US will be $499 at launch -- though that figure is expected to drop in the following months.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/09/asus-spills-more-details-on-the-9-inch-eee/

____anders____
March 10th, 2008, 22:16
linux is good, you can just use cedega to play windows games, for example my unreal tournament -99 game even has better performance on linux using cedega than my windows vista and xp! it`s really awesome, even the latest dual-core games work perfectly with cedega, like crysis and bioshock.:)

the_eternal_dark
March 14th, 2008, 02:32
linux is good, you can just use cedega to play windows games, for example my unreal tournament -99 game even has better performance on linux using cedega than my windows vista and xp! it`s really awesome, even the latest dual-core games work perfectly with cedega, like crysis and bioshock.:)

Show me where this is proved true.

CS Source, for me atleast, averages 10-40 fps better in Wine than it does while running in XP. Also, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, natively in Linux, spanks the Windows version in performance all the way around. Oh, and I think we need to push for a Linux gaming area here at the dcemu.

I do like the fact that the EEEPC is getting bigger and better storage for not much more in price. Also, that bigger screen will be pretty sweet as well.