PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager for DS Released

wraggster
March 10th, 2008, 19:41
News/release from nczempin: (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=152156#152156)

I've started working on converting the original Football Manager to the DS.

Paul Robson has ported, or reverse-engineered, or remade, the original Football Manager by Kevin Toms. He has provided his source code here.

I took that, plus the DS port of the SDL, and started working on a port to the DS.

The current status is:

A pre-alpha version is running. You can see some of the menu screens, and once it comes to match day, you can actually see a match.

It is not really playable (other than advancing from match to match), in fact, I have taken out quite a bit of functionality.

So you should take a look at it only if you are very curious.

I will release the source code as well, of course (it's GPL), but I haven't found a permanent home for it yet.

Given that it is likely that I will not keep maintaining this for a long time (it is only a "finger exercise" to get acquainted with DS homebrew), it would be nice if someone would like to take over, provide webspace, etc. Putting it on sourceforge would be a bit of an overkill IMHO.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

cas2007
March 10th, 2008, 19:48
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS i have been waiting for this game to come But a homebrew will do THANK YOU whoever made this

dopamine
March 12th, 2008, 02:54
hehe i always thought to myself "Why have they released football manager games for a psp where it would work way better on a ds"

BRISTOL CITY FC ARE GOIN UP!

eggs
March 12th, 2008, 15:46
I'd love a fully working release of this !!

Angelsoft
July 1st, 2008, 13:28
Wraggster,

Any chance of checking the .zip file?

I can download it OK, but gives me a corrupt message when I try to unzip it.

:(

tia

Bladeforce
July 1st, 2008, 14:56
The programmer deserves all the praise for trying this but why cant you just play the original on ZXDS?

alexjakobsen
June 22nd, 2009, 15:13
wtf is that . no things is like football manager :O