PDA

View Full Version : Weird Remote!

Oktober
March 11th, 2008, 00:09
My boyfriend has had his Wii for about a year. The other day he gave it to me. I've set it up at home, sensor bar on top of my TV - same as his set-up. I would normally sit/stand-up about 2 meters away from the TV.

I can access the Wii Menu fine.
I'll put WarioWare in and I can access all the game menus fine.
As soon as I go to play one of the games, whatever action it tells me to do (elephant, mohawk, waiter etc) doesn't seem to work. The only action that works is the 'remote' action.
Is there something I can do to fix this?

I'm a newbie to this forum so if you need any more info just ask! Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

Junixx
March 11th, 2008, 01:46
You might be too close to the TV or something is interfering, have you tried getting further away from it?

Oktober
March 11th, 2008, 18:19
Haven't as yet - but will try. I'll let you know how I get on!

Edit: Standing about 3 meters away - still nothing.

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 18:25
probably the motion thing is damaged....
wait... you a girl?

Oktober
March 11th, 2008, 18:33
Also, things that are close to it are:
electric guitar - I've moved this - no change
the Wii is close by - on top of two standard stereo speakers
also, my PC is about 1 meter away

All of the above have no power to them (apart from the Wii) as I have turned them off recently as we're having storms!

I have had one thought - my laptop which is usually about 5 meters away has a USB dongle I use to connect to the internet.

The other half has just reported that on Super Mario Galaxy the 'swirly' thing doesn't work. (When you jump and swirl to a little higher.) BUT this does work when 'swirling' the nun-chuck! I never knew this could do this - as I've never tried!

Anyway, I will try disconnecting the dongle!

Edit: Yeh - I'm a girl (I suppose I'm 21 though!). Why? Does my sensor bar have PMS or something!

Disconnecting the wireless dongle doesn't effect it!

Cloudhunter
March 19th, 2008, 00:36
Also, things that are close to it are:
electric guitar - I've moved this - no change
the Wii is close by - on top of two standard stereo speakers
also, my PC is about 1 meter away

All of the above have no power to them (apart from the Wii) as I have turned them off recently as we're having storms!

I have had one thought - my laptop which is usually about 5 meters away has a USB dongle I use to connect to the internet.

The other half has just reported that on Super Mario Galaxy the 'swirly' thing doesn't work. (When you jump and swirl to a little higher.) BUT this does work when 'swirling' the nun-chuck! I never knew this could do this - as I've never tried!

Anyway, I will try disconnecting the dongle!

Edit: Yeh - I'm a girl (I suppose I'm 21 though!). Why? Does my sensor bar have PMS or something!

Disconnecting the wireless dongle doesn't effect it!

It sounds like the motion detection in the remote is broken. Do you have another remote you can try it with? It seems the sensor bar is working fine, as that's what powers the remote action.

Cloudy

Oktober
March 19th, 2008, 00:42
Thank-you for your response.

You're right it is the remote.
I have since tested the sensor bar, remote and nun-chuck on my friends Wii. Sensor bar and nun-chuck were fine.

I have bought a remote. This works fine. But at £33 - it wasn't the cheapest route. (I was just bored of looking at the Wii!)

I am still looking at getting the old remote fixed. I haven't looked on the Nintendo site yet to see if they can do anything about it. (Bearing in mind I have no proof of purchase, warrenty info, or even a box!) Again, any help here would be grateful!

ICE
March 19th, 2008, 00:54
Turn the Wiimote button side down and slap in against your hand. Trust me it works.

Oktober
March 19th, 2008, 13:31
Tried it!

ICE
March 20th, 2008, 17:53
When my Wiimote did the exact same thing I just slapped it against my hand like I said and it fixed it right away :P

Call Ninty customer service.

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:57
lol call it a rough tough repair lol

Oktober
March 20th, 2008, 19:02
Yeh I think I'll have to!
I'll let you know how I get on!