PDA

View Full Version : 3.90 M33 - No Way to update via memory stick?

MADGameYEA
March 11th, 2008, 09:53
Guys I have a several weird issue, fellow gamer to gamer I need some help big time.

I've been around these forums for years and I'm fairly good with PSP homebrew and firmware updates but right now I'm stumped and have no idea what my problem is.

I went from official phat PSP (1.5 official to 3.52 M33-4, worked flawless and I kick myself in the @$$ for updating) to a DA 3.90 M33 to update the firmware to get more up today with my firmware. System Information does showcase 3.90 M33 FW is on and working; but since my update to 3.90 M33 FW…

- I can’t access my ISO’s (no matter what format)
- I can’t access my game folder (I know this is due to the lack of 1.5 FW Support and DA has a update)

*** Here is the major issue! I can’t read anything off my memory stick when I put anything on to it, the file size of course counts down to showcase there is files taking up space but nothing can be accessed, this is driving me Crazy and I can’t figure that out.

I have tried to format the stick and copy some files back over, it does not still access anything copied onto the memory stick.

The stick is an official 8 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo by Sony, it works flawless before this 3.90 M33 update. What is going on here???

**EDIT** I just tried my old 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo and it does the same exact thing so this has to be a Firmware issue **EDIT**

Any help would be great…. I miss my Genesis / Super Nintendo on PSP big time!

Happy Gaming!

Ryuuzaki
March 11th, 2008, 16:05
Have You Tried To Format Your Memory Stick after updating?

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 16:12
^what he said^ OR...
pandora it.

MADGameYEA
March 11th, 2008, 20:20
Ryuuzaki I did format the stick both of them and it is not the sticks, it is the firmware which is causing me to not be able to read my memory sticks.

acn010, I can't Pandora the Fat Battery without the aid of the memory stick. So if you have a method that I am not aware of please advice.

Please I'm outclassed here I have no clue how to solve this.

DualFever
March 11th, 2008, 22:23
Does you recovery menu work?
Hold R1 when you load up the firmware, you probably know the drill.

If you want to update using this you can place a update file or fix file at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
then go into the recovery menu and launch the eboot via the option
(be careful)

You could try formatting the flash1,
Goto Advanced -> Format Flash1

this will reset your settings.

Make sure your config is right under ->configuration.

Other things you should try, rule out your psp being broken, does the orange light blink?
and Can you access your memory stick through the psp->usb.

Also did you format the memory sticks via the pc? or were they formatted by the psp?
meaning the psp can still use the sticks..

If you manage to get it reading download
http://exophase.com/files/psp/150k_addon390v2.rar
To get all 1.50 hb working.
on his site if theres a newer version
http://www.dark-alex.org/

Good luck

-Dual

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 22:35
acn010, I can't Pandora the Fat Battery without the aid of the memory stick. So if you have a method that I am not aware of please advice.

um... get a friend cousin etc who has a hacked psp near you

bacalacadaca
March 16th, 2008, 06:02
just hardmod your psp battery its not that hard but be carefu.l If you decide to do it look around youtube for tutorials

piesangjoe
March 31st, 2008, 18:24
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-releases-3-71-fatmsmod-for-3-80-3-90-M33-custom-firmware-v2-Update-/pg/49/aid/113674

I had the same problem this fixed it:-)
Enjoy

piesangjoe
March 31st, 2008, 18:26
called fatmsmod!

Saracchini
March 31st, 2008, 19:05
Install the 3.71 fatmsmod patch Version 2. It'll solve your problem.
If it persists the problem is with the Memory Stick or with the PSP's MS Reader .

Wally
March 31st, 2008, 22:01
Guys I have a several weird issue, fellow gamer to gamer I need some help big time.

**EDIT** I just tried my old 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo and it does the same exact thing so this has to be a Firmware issue **EDIT**

Happy Gaming!

I'd say it'd be in your flash1 / recovery settings.

alternatively your memory sticks are fake.

P.S we dont like the ISO word.